Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 8:11 AM

Wow, this person sucks on PB and any 9 holer, lmao. Any chance you wall me with his ID and delete it after, Jim?

P.S.: And I'm sure when Dodgy wrote "2nd trial", he meant the St.A. 9, whereas the 1st trial was when WGT decided to suspend him in the first place.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:39 AM

mkrizan86:
    P.S.: And I'm sure when Dodgy wrote "2nd trial", he meant the St.A. 9, whereas the 1st trial was when WGT decided to suspend him in the first place.

Just for clarity to anyone else reading - see page 6....Discussed at length much as I don't agree with too much of it as part of that.

mkrizan86:
    Wow, this person sucks on PB and any 9 holer, lmao. Any chance you wall me with his ID and delete it after, Jim?

Done and deleted already - Should be in your inbox.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:56 AM

Jimbog1964:

mkrizan86:

Just for clarity to anyone else reading - see page 6....Discussed at length much as I don't agree with too much of it as part of that.

I see Alan  (the Dodge) already replied. Damn moderation ;-) I'm sure 99% of us agree that the 9 hole trial was nothing but a farce, a "save face" out for WGT. As I said early on, I have no idea if Tom was innocent or not. My gut says he was innocent, but even if he wasn't, the way WGT handled this "trial" is appaling and he shouldn't have been banned with such lack of proof.

P.S.: Thank you for the ID, that's a fine piece of work. I doubt he's using aids, but absolutely a multi.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 12:43 PM

Up until that x 9 he only had a general accusation of cheating with a fess up and may go easy.....Anyway all discussed, and no harm referring to page 6 just so anyone else reading gets it all v clearly I felt as to what WGT actually key points wise ..........

mkrizan86:
    P.S.: Thank you for the ID, that's a fine piece of work. I doubt he's using aids, but absolutely a multi.

I would tend to agree, but so obv more than once through I doubt they would be caring about using anything that made it even easier, and maybe they perceive a need for everything against others MAs ?......All guess work on latter of course, but the first part looks real ugly that's for sure:).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 9:08 AM

DodgyPutter:
    My point about the round is; you will also have noted in the "prev 1020 pages" that there is some confusion as to what shots WGT use to arrive at their 40%/80%, surely this round can provide the answer:  WGT say his ding percentage was 40% during it, simply count how many drives, approaches and putts he did and didn't ding.

As we agree 1020 pages:)...............try to catch jumpin jack flash v often after two weeks off squealing oiled pig jobbing..............No dispute that part was a joke, not on any of the 1,203,0000 pages :) EDIT: Anyone else readin' do go through it all with -8 thru 9 in mind, IMHO:)

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 11:14 AM

I cant believe that you guys are still beating this dead horse . This is almost like the thread " Who will have the last word " only this one is now useless . There is nothing else to discuss or consider or anything to make a difference . LET IT GO !!!!!!!!!

• lisalovesthesun
    185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 11:33 AM

Jimbog1964:
    ..try to catch jumpin jack flash v often after two weeks off squealing oiled pig jobbing..............

? what \ que ?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 1:09 PM

lonniescott711:

I cant believe that you guys are still beating this dead horse . blah blah blah There is nothing else to discuss or consider or anything to make a difference . LET IT GO !!!!!!!!!

I seldom read threads I know are of no interest to me, perhaps u should try it?

WGT lack of response is reason to believe that letting this thread die is exactly what they want/expect...

There are those who believe in the "magical sweeps" software...

and there are those that believe that due to the small number of people deleted and the fact that they were all doing really well in the RG's at the time, wgt may have succumbed to the many complaints received from long time members and displayed a twinge of "favoritism" ...

3 important factors: The player in question was cleaning up as a legend, suddenly he is a cheat cleaning up as a Champion....was he a cheat at Legend then?

people were screaming for the head of the famous "internet cafe" player for a solid year, then suddenly he is gone, hmmmmm.....why not a year ago?

a 49 at CB with tough conditions I'm sure got wgt a few emails/messages/complaints, even from people who don't play in 1000 cr RG's ....

and some just don't care either way!

But hey, thanks for giving the thread a bump, much appreciated!

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 1:33 PM

Boom  Dan!

You nailed it.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 7:25 AM

Hi all, i don't post much on the forum but read it every day and this thread caught my interest.

It got me thinking about how often I actually dinged a shot and what effect it had on my scoring anyway.

So. with this in mind I conducted a series of tests, using firstly a no speed ball, a 2 meter speed ball and finally a 4 meter speed ball. (Thanks to Lolserver and WGT)

I was expecting to hit the ding much more with the slowest meter ball but the difference was not really that noticeable overall.

For me, it is all about getting into a rhythm and adapting to the speed your club/ball combination plays at.

Anyway, here are the results, based on 6x9 holes for each ball.

Note, I did not include putts in these tests as many players will use the miss ding method, whether WGT counted putts or not I don't know but can't think of any reason why they would.

ball             bxd         g12 s          rzn

meter            0           2                4

shots           110      104           107

dings            25         28             30

ding %          23         27             28

Although I wasn't bothered too much about lining up putts, the scoring for each ball was almost identical, so, in summary, I will be sticking to the 65 credit tour sd rather than the 800 credit nike.

Having read a previous thread that the player in question started, it would appear that no one accused him of cheating but mostly said that he was too good to be in the legend tier for so long and was milking the system.( as others still do now).

Maybe this is what brought wgt's attention to him, I don't know.

For what it's worth, I very rarely play for credits, an occasional 50 credit ready go donation, so I have no opinion either way if the player was cheating or not.

RSS