Help › Forums

Why are we penalized for practicing?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 13 2016 7:32 AM (29 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 6:54 AM

YankeeJim:

The meter speed would be different with the rock.

$75-$100 a week??!!   Calling bs on that one.

But not enough to hinder his playing . His clubs speeds range between 4.5 - 4.0 and his putter is 5.0 so yes he can play and use the rock  . He can also step back from the nike ball with the club speed that he has . The Callys are more than enough anything slower and I would be asleep .

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 8:19 AM

Breezybaby1811:

Can someone clarify for me, when you play a game via practice, and take a "gimme" does WGT take a hit against your ball even though you don't hit it?  Someone told me that WGT does.  Cause if they do, its technically not a "gimme".  

Rach

Since a gimme can only be taken on a putt and putts do not count against ball hits, I would have to say they are giving you bad information.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 12:51 AM

twinponds169:
    Most painful to see is 500 cc passes bought in just the last two months. Any respectable CC owner would have told him to stop wasting his money quite a while ago. That is $180

Or great CC Prizes/Sponsorship........or even a few sleeves for me LOL

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 1:08 AM

ZioMio:
    Since a gimme can only be taken on a putt and putts do not count against ball hits, I would have to say they are giving you bad information.

Careful: Mulligan putts do cost extra strokes regardless!

I don't have positive information yet that gimmes are free of charge.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 5:00 AM

alosso:

ZioMio:

I have always had the impression that gimmes do take ball life. Another naughty bit of programming by WGT. If in doubt, take the putt - an actual putt won't take ball life, and if it's a gimme then you can't miss it anyway.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 6:22 AM

fmagnets:

alosso:

ZioMio:

I have always had the impression that gimmes do take ball life. Another naughty bit of programming by WGT. If in doubt, take the putt - an actual putt won't take ball life, and if it's a gimme then you can't miss it anyway.

Never take advise from someone that only uses the free ball ,,, ball hits, what's that? LoL

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 7:41 AM

fmagnets:
    I have always had the impression that gimmes do take ball life. Another naughty bit of programming by WGT. If in doubt, take the putt - an actual putt won't take ball life, and if it's a gimme then you can't miss it anyway

Yes the explanation is bit of a paradox. As for the OP, extra hits on mulligans are still a better way to burn credits than CC passes.I'd say you would be best of playing rounds like Alanti said with the full difficulties from back tee.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 9:14 AM

fmagnets:

alosso:

ZioMio:

I just played a practice round and used a free ball from one of the promo  balls that I had just to see . I took 2 gimmes during play but couldnt tell if ball strikes counted . Unlike the mulligan which shows -2 ball strikes the gimme shows nothing . So I dont think the gimme counts on putts but only when using the mulligan .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 6:48 AM

lonniescott711:

fmagnets:

alosso:

ZioMio:

I just played a practice round and used a free ball from one of the promo  balls that I had just to see . I took 2 gimmes during play but couldnt tell if ball strikes counted . Unlike the mulligan which shows -2 ball strikes the gimme shows nothing . So I dont think the gimme counts on putts but only when using the mulligan .

I contacted C/S and asked about this and the reply back was that no gimmes do not  take durability off the ball . So there you go .

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 7:32 AM

lonniescott711:
    I contacted C/S and asked about this and the reply back was that no gimmes do not  take durability off the ball .

Thanks for asking and reporting!

RSS