Forums

Help › Forums

Why are we penalized for practicing?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 13 2016 7:32 AM (29 replies)
  • Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 9:45 PM

75-100 a week on wgt is prob a lot - but compared to other pay to play games its small change.

my wife plays game of war, and there are people who have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on their accounts, with a few spending over a million on them lmao (they are called whales and superwhales)

its not uncommon there for people to spend 100k on their accounts there, then get sick of the game, then sell their accounts for 2k lol.

I wish I had jobs that paid that well.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 10:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    $75-$100 a week??!!   Calling bs on that one.

My first thought as well, but this guy is not exaggerating. Quick look thgrough his activity, 30 pages since he started in November shows he has bought every single best club possible from level 5 on, lol. Every best ball possible, and lots of them.

Most painful to see is 500 cc passes bought in just the last two months. Any respectable CC owner would have told him to stop wasting his money quite a while ago. That is $180 or 30 sleeves of the best ball available to you OP. Go mulligan your heart out and stop feeding the pigs.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 11:48 PM

I had a quick look at the OP's account and he has spent about 55 bucks a week for the last three weeks, so whilst it is an exaggeration, it is still pretty high. Not all on balls, some equipment and over $35 on CC Passes (what a waste lol) 

My guess is he is a gamer, not so much a golfer....I am sticking with burnout

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:00 AM

Maybe rather than derision we should show encouragement for high spending guys like the OP, a few more like him and we could be seeing Pebble B9 sooner than we think!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:52 AM

twinponds169:

YankeeJim:
    $75-$100 a week??!!   Calling bs on that one.

Most painful to see is 500 cc passes bought in just the last two months. Any respectable CC owner would have told him to stop wasting his money quite a while ago.

+1

Plus for info, we are not an XP chasing club, so using free pass each day is great, but do not buy extra ones, we would rather you used your credits for upgraded clubs or on balls. 

Above is part of club email i sent out last week, as a few new folk were buying passes.

Bubbs

• Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 2:37 AM

Can someone clarify for me, when you play a game via practice, and take a "gimme" does WGT take a hit against your ball even though you don't hit it?  Someone told me that WGT does.  Cause if they do, its technically not a "gimme".  

Rach

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 4:32 AM

You get the XP for the unshot shot, but I dunno about ball life. Curious myself!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 6:03 AM

Breezybaby1811:
    when you play a game via practice, and take a "gimme" does WGT take a hit against your ball even though you don't hit it?

Yes. You even get to see a little "2" under the ball life slider to remind you. 

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 6:08 AM

I don't get such indication. Perhaps you mix it up with Mulligans?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 6:14 AM

alosso:

I don't get such indication. Perhaps you mix it up with Mulligans?

You're right, alosso, I was thinking mulligans.  :-(

RSS