Forums

Help › Forums

Want To Play Santa?...Christmas 2015

Tue, Dec 8 2015 8:53 AM (43 replies)
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2015 1:03 PM

Curious....

Mr.Caddy.......always a good deed with your promotion of this event!!  Hats off to you!

Last year, if I remember correctly, the gifting was set up for CC's to actually have a day instead of individuals to have a day.....  would this format be continued?

Also, in following last years thread, the requests were quiet fluid and often times repetitive, any thought to assembling a wish list and spread sheet prior to the start of the gifting season?   Perhaps  make it easier for all to  see fluid updates on which wishes were granted and  by whom?  Maybe it was just myself....but I found it difficult to keep up with the requests and the recipients.  There could have well been a spreadsheet for last year.....but it was never made available to me (or I simply did not no where to find it)......sort of left me in a guessing game situation.......  and in the end; I just decided to throw out about 25-30k to a few random people and friends.

Would love to participate...... and again, hats off to you!!

-Danny

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2015 7:38 PM

LuckySkreet:
    Perhaps  make it easier for all to  see fluid updates on which wishes were granted and  by whom?  Maybe it was just myself....but I found it difficult to keep up with the requests and the recipients.  There could have well been a spreadsheet for last year

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the kind words.

The Country Club version of this event was back in 2013. What I started to do after the first event was to start a locked thread at the beginning of each event that lists all the players that found a gift in their stocking so the Santa that had the next day could see who had already received a gift.

Each "day" has a contact person, if it's an individual player then they're the contact person, if it's a CC then it's usually the owner of the club. The last thing I ask each Santa to do for for me after their "day" is over and they have sent out all their gifts is to send me a list of all the players that were sent gifts. I then update the "winners list" and then forward that link to the player playing Santa on the next day.

The updated list doesn't need to be "fluid" because the person, or CC owner, that is running that particular day is the one who is choosing who the gifts are sent to and in the case of a CC, that owner will then let his/her members know who they have chosen and let the members know who to send their gifts to. That's why I always have ONE person in charge for each day, that way CC members aren't falling all over each other trying to figure out who sent what gift to which players.

I hope made things a little clearer for you.

Here is the link for the list I started last year for all the Santas to use so they could see all the players that were gifted before they started their "day".

Check out the "Everything Else" section of the forums tomorrow for the details on this years event.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2015 5:12 PM

Here is the link for this year's event.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/356200.aspx

MC

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 8:53 AM

BUMP  ...........

RSS