Ahem..:)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 24 2015 2:15 PM (24 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 2:47 AM

ct690911:

SweetiePie:

Enough of this silly, uneducated yapping. Everyone knows, as the OP says, that Crown Royal is fine drinking....and as Mike Stroke blew in, Jack is really good while at best third fiddle behind Weller's and Makers Mark. No one sane will get serious about the foul tasting Scotch that is only drank for show among uptight, stupid, buttoned-up fossils. Get a clue, get smart, and get off of your billfold and trade way up to the King...Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year bourbon. SP knows best ! 

Hmm...I reviewed the top 5 list again SP...Rip, I mean Pappy, didn't make the cut for 2016.. I am a bit surprised that a California(?) lass would have a taste for a Kentucky libation ...thought you might be more into the vinos...California has some nice ones.

That is the error in reading someone elses list, it is always wrong and tainted with push-money from distillery prowess...but, always wrong. Do a bit of homework on Pappy and visine your view. Remember, SP knows.

Yes, California has a reputation for vino, and why not? Best weather for grapes on earth. But, I only drink wine while reading Jefferson...he so loved and knew his wines, yet he would not allow anything stronger, ever, at Montecello. No ardent spirits. That is where we have a parting of the ways.  ~ Lily ~

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:00 AM

SweetiePie:
    Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year bourbon

Seems appropriate for the thirsty drinker:

Reference: "Pappy Van Winkle" by Craiglduncan - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pappy_Van_Winkle.JPG#/media/File:Pappy_Van_Winkle.JPG

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:34 PM

alosso:

SweetiePie:
    Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year bourbon

Seems appropriate for the thirsty drinker:

Reference: "Pappy Van Winkle" by Craiglduncan - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pappy_Van_Winkle.JPG#/media/File:Pappy_Van_Winkle.JPG

Thanks alot Al for the nice picture. Good stuff, but that is a healthy pour ;-}

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:44 PM

Yep - might be a 400 bucks shot - the prices I've seen for the 23 yo. are quite impressive.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 2:15 PM

alosso:

Yep - might be 400 bucks a shot - the prices I've seen for the 23 yo. are quite impressive.

This year, Macallan is offering its 64 year old single malt that will cost you $60,000 per shot.  This whisky is being served at the Montage Beverly Hills, a lavish hotel situated in Golden Triangle near Rodeo Drive.

...also available at Joe's bar, grill, and lube shop on Lexington...$4.95 per shot, half price on Tuesdays, when you order a side of wings..

RSS