Help › Forums

Ahem..:)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 24 2015 2:15 PM (24 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 4:58 AM

ct690911:
    .whiskey or whisky...either spelling is correct.

Yes, depending on which one you're talking about.

Scotch Whisky, by law, is never called anything else.

Essisdaddy:

I could be wrong - I was, once, in 1980-something -  but I think you'll find whiskey is Irish while whisky is Scottish - the Irish added the 'e' (in order to distinguish it from the poor quality Scottish version [pulls pin and rolls the grenade through the door]) in the late 19th Century. 

I have a soft spot for Finland, my local team had 2 Finnish international players in the 90's.

So, luckily for you, you won't have to sleep with one eye open!  ;)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 9:56 AM

Paul, did you hear that noise?

A Russian sailor in charge of a 7,000-ton, 423-foot cargo ship, drank half a liter of alcohol before work, according to investigators, and crashed into the coast of Scotland last winter -- at full speed.

... On an up note, although my friends in Scotland got shut out of the "Whisky" awards, they did salvage some award winning Russian vodka ..:)

ps. as an aside, the ship was a write off.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:41 AM

put down the bottles - go herbal

that vile liquid is devils juice hehe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 11:43 AM

Reaytj:

I'm a big fan of Black Velvet 8 year aged reserve!  So smooth :)

If you can't find Canadian Club Reserve aged 9 years. Comes in a heavy glass bottle, too. No plastic.  

p.s., Hold the ice.  ;-)

@ Duffer-What do you think takes care of the cottonmouth?  LOL

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 2:35 PM

My fave Irish whiskey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 4:10 PM

Enough of this silly, uneducated yapping. Everyone knows, as the OP says, that Crown Royal is fine drinking....and as Mike Stroke blew in, Jack is really good while at best third fiddle behind Weller's and Makers Mark. No one sane will get serious about the foul tasting Scotch that is only drank for show among uptight, stupid, buttoned-up fossils. Get a clue, get smart, and get off of your billfold and trade way up to the King...Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year bourbon. SP knows best ! 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 6:27 PM

SweetiePie:

Enough of this silly, uneducated yapping. Everyone knows, as the OP says, that Crown Royal is fine drinking....and as Mike Stroke blew in, Jack is really good while at best third fiddle behind Weller's and Makers Mark. No one sane will get serious about the foul tasting Scotch that is only drank for show among uptight, stupid, buttoned-up fossils. Get a clue, get smart, and get off of your billfold and trade way up to the King...Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year bourbon. SP knows best ! 

Hmm...I reviewed the top 5 list again SP...Rip, I mean Pappy, didn't make the cut for 2016.. I am a bit surprised that a California(?) lass would have a taste for a Kentucky libation ...thought you might be more into the vinos...California has some nice ones.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 6:30 PM

Solarflares:

I wasn't aware Elton John had bought a canadian Whisky Boutique.

His husband?..wife?...whatever....is a Canadian.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:18 AM

ct690911:
    .thought you might be more into the vinos...California has some nice ones.

I have heard that and have tried quite a few to see...it's unfortunate they only export the stuff you guys use to clean windows with.

RSS