Help › Forums

Why practice putting?

Mon, May 30 2016 6:48 AM (54 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2016 10:11 AM

andyson:
    Accuracy: All putts were dinged

IIRC, the non-dings were discarded so this isn't hard to do at all.  :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2016 10:22 AM

YankeeJim:
    IIRC, the non-dings were discarded so this isn't hard to do at all.  :-)

You're memory Jim is correct!  Non-dings were discarded so the results shown are only from dinged putts.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 9:01 AM

pdb1:
    This is my quote and I still stand by it . I may be stupid . But I also know that a human cannot repeat identically . But a machine or a programmed command can .

The program has deviation built in.  A known and very understood fact accepted by all, except you apparently.  How you can begin to dispute it after threads showing it is beyond me, but.............

Better putters have better attributes and so greater consistency.  Note greater, not guaranteed same 100% replication every time.

Anyway you have a very good putter.  It's not the game stopping your putting stats improve, just you in the way of that.  .......Separate issue dealt with elsewhere that bit...........Suggest you concentrate on that advice, and hopefully can grasp enough to get those stats moving the way you want.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 10:01 AM

Well gents as owner of the Golden Putter i can assure you, it is all down to knowing the the putt from experience, each hole on each course has its own variance.

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 10:23 AM

pdb1:

pdb1:
      Because I am quite sure identical hits will give identical results .

This is my quote and I still stand by it . I may be stupid . But I also know that a human cannot repeat identically . But a machine or a programmed command can .

I am not questioning the results . Only andysons statement . 

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse, but I'll assume not...the person doing the testing would hit a number of putts. If they did not "ding" the putt, the result wasn't saved. If they did, the result is saved. Nobody is saying they went 20/20 and dinged every single putt, just that they only kept screenshots of the dinged ones.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 10:57 AM

pdb1:
    But I also know that a human cannot repeat identically . But a machine or a programmed command can .

So tell me Gandalf the Great,  have you even tried the method?  Hmmmm? No!  You didn't even know how to practice more than 1 putt!.  Quit talking out your butt! 

All putts were identical.

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 11:05 AM

Call me a puppet then.  My club has Legends,  Tour Legends and Champions...NONE of which are wgt shills.  Your blanket statement demonstrates how ignorant you must be!

RSS