Forums

Help › Forums

Why practice putting?

Mon, May 30 2016 6:48 AM (54 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 4:10 PM

stfuusimf:
    Yeah, it's called WGT has their own accounts, and many a number of'em @ that. these shills that shoot in the 50's are WGT. and the ones that dispute this comment are WGT sock puppets.

• steadyeddy61
    11 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:01 PM

It's funny because the folks connected directly to WGT think people are deaf, dumb and blind.  They say the low scores are because those folks have been playing a long time in here.  I've actually played with a few of those cheating ringers.  I could play for another hundred years and never get the ball close to the hole on every hole like they do.  It's impossible without some kind of cheating.  

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:17 PM

Thanks for your ideas.  I will work on them.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:53 PM

steadyeddy61:
    I could play for another hundred years and never get the ball close to the hole on every hole like they do

You are correct, At the rate you are going, according to your start date and total games played, you are averaging just over 1 game per day. Yup, you should take up cheating.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:35 PM

ZioMio:

You are correct, At the rate you are going, according to your start date and total games played, you are averaging just over 1 game per day. Yup, you should take up cheating.

LMAO

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 8:14 PM

I find that dingers don't hold break as well as an off ding on the correct side will. It tends to straighten out the ball a tad more as less break or movement is better, one would think?  Depending on what type of putter, you can miss the dinger a good quarter inch into the break and make at least a half cup difference (it helps keep the ball "out" there) . I also hit the off ding into the wind  as much as a quarter inch to make the ball curve less on a drive or fairway shot....  I have much better luck aiming at a quarter inch space than i do a line. Gotta hit the correct side tho. Always into the wind or into a break. I'm not sacrificing any yards or footage that i can tell....  DAMN THAT DINGER is my motto. Don't need it unless the game forces me to with a very straight shot or putt and that's not very often. One guy said all good players need to be at 50% 1-putts and i believe it. I'm almost there at 48.53%.Every dinger I ever hit goes with the break or wind immediately after leaving the clubhead and that is not good. I understand some shots are not affected by wind as much (wedge shots) and some putts aren't affected by break as much.I move the arrow too. I use both methods. Arrow movement and off ding at same time .Say I had slow PIPS (grid dots) and a half cup break in 8-10 ft.. I can leave the arrow on the cup and just miss the dinger   ( up to a quarter inch) on the correct side, into the break and it's about a half cup that i KICKED it over, so it falls hopefully. I do find it hard to kick it any more than that, I would be queasy about kicking a whole cup and missing the dinger by a half inch. That would be for a hell of a break. In other words, the more it breaks, the more i miss the dinger and move the arrow of course. Missing the dinger is just my way of making sure that ball does NOT come up on the short side. It NEVER had a chance of falling in on the short side.At least on the high side of the cup, that ball had a chance of falling in. I make sure i'm on that high side at least. Anything over 2 cups or half a square is a lottery for me but i try to at least let this game know it will not make me come up short sided at all costs. I'm also not afraid to let that ball go past the hole 3 feet.  That extra power straightens the ball out too and tends to keep it on the high side. the more you let off on a downhill break, the more that ball is going to break with slower speed. Uphill doesn't break as much because you've applied more power  It's physics...Be the ball!    

There are only 3 or 4 PIP speeds: slow, medium, fast, and " ain't gonna make it". Try landing on the correct side of the flag, which would be the side with less break and straight uphill hopefully to the flag, or flat would be good too.    Good Luck.

MTBR

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 10:17 PM

I'm not a TL or Champion but I just posted a few segments of my putting technique from Olympic to my youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_baxVwqoQXMEwW-TIVO9bA

1st Segment goes over the basics (6minutes) and then the next 5 segments are 2minutes or less.  I'm sure it's not for everyone :D but it works for me.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:28 AM

stfuusimf:
    Yeah, it's called WGT has their own accounts, and many a number of'em @ that. these shills that shoot in the 50's are WGT. and the ones that dispute this comment are WGT sock puppets.

This coming from a member that joined in Oct of this year with 33 whole ranked rounds under your belt?

Maybe you should heed the advice of your unique username.

just sayin'...

Your comment has been disputed by a...

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:48 AM

Ding is King dont let them fool you.

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 6:11 AM

Tigerpaw509:

Ding is King dont let them fool you.

Coming from a 38.50% 1-putter after 97 levels..... I would definitely listen to this guy.

RSS