Forums

Help › Forums

The Southern England Invitational Cup

Fri, Dec 11 2015 11:51 AM (79 replies)
  • KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 8:04 PM

Was a good fun match, see sawing back and forth on the front 9 the Curtis took control one the back 9 and never looked back.

Good match

thanks

KenB.

• appy2
    613 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 9:43 PM

Played my match with garydarby today. Was crazy as Gary jumped on me early. I did have to concede holes 1 & 10 but that was fine by me. I got an error twice, and then it said I withdrew. We were on hole 9 with Gary leading 1 up. We continued on and I was able to get all square at the end of regulation. We were sure we just halve the match. Great to play against gaydarby and hope to play again soon.

Roger

• rush2012
    320 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2015 7:17 AM

Played my match with fourta (Jamie) and was a very enjoyable and conversational round until we both got a lil upset at our stomachs because of all the ups and downs (roller coaster) that occurred during the round lol Nerves kicked in on the last few holes to hold onto whatever advantage we had at the moment. Winning or losing is not what's important (but would rather win lol) but having fun is. I would rather have a match like this than a blow out.

I went up as much as 2up on the front 9 but held a 1up lead after 9. Back 9 is where it got crazy and nerve racking. I held my 1up led through 12 holes and then jamie went on a birdie run. My 1up lead after 12 holes disappeared fast as jamie went birdie, birdie, bogie, birdie on holes 13-16 and i went par, par, bogie par to go 2dn going into #17. I thought the script of a loss had been written in stone.

#17 jamie ended up getting a par as I sunk a 18 ft putt for birdie to cut the match to 1dn. #18 was the shocker as we both hit the fairway and landed on the green in two. Jamie was 6.6 ft away and I was 11 ft away with a scary little bender for birdie and hoping to have a chance to grab a draw in the match. I sank my 11 ft birdie putt by surprise from the both of us and am sure that made Jamie's 6.6 ft putt seem like it was miles away. I would have felt that way if rolls were reversed. I anxiously watched for his putt and the shocker came when it slid by below the hole to have the match end as a draw. It might have been a draw on the books but I felt like it was a victory. What a great match!!!!! TY Jamie

Fourta vs rush2012 = A/S (DRAW)

• JRice43315
    10 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2015 6:00 PM

Played my match against Steve (tuxedo2). Due to WGT being uncooperative it took us two attempts on different nights to get it done. That being said it was a great match and I enjoyed it very much. Steve is a fierce competitor and kept the pressure turned up high. He is also a credit to the game and his CC.  I am glad to now call him friend. 
    After many ups and downs, back and forth, etc... I managed to win the match 1up.

Once again Thanks Steve for a great match. Hope to see you on the course again sometime soon.

Jonathan 

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2015 7:05 PM

Yep a great match, I came back from 2dn on "day 2" to actually go 1up but Jonathan made 3 birdies in a row on 16, 17 & 18 to take a well deserved win. 

Well done m8! I also enjoyed it very much, a hard fought battle, no thanks to W.G.T.common disconnect issues.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 3:03 PM

Below is copied from the note i put on our forum;

What a great game ive just had. Won 1 up but had to work socks off. I was 2 up at turn and had a lot of decent 10 footers to halve holes to stay that way. I then eagled 13 to go 3 up but Jim (twinponds) came back with some amazing darts to get it to 1 up. He arrowed within 3 foot on last so i had to be close, 8 foot behind hole with 4 foot double breaking slope......made it and punched the wife....i mean the air.

And may i add that Jim was a great pleasure to play with, nothing really in it and the best game i think ive had for out and out battling, plus good banter. Jim also had to play whilst wife was on his case to get dinner on and trying dresses on (his wife trying em on, not jim lol)

Credit to your club sir

Bubbs

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 3:17 PM

Ah, the things you do on your day off, lol. Should have locked myself in isolation for this match. Most likely would not have made a difference. Bubbs was steady and relentless, played a great game. My putter was cold on the front, clawed my way back, thought I had a draw on the 18th, he had a very difficult putt, but like I said, relentless, he sunk it. Great match, great company, great player. Good luck to all the rest of the way!

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 3:20 PM

Also, reporting for Thomo72, he won his match against Johnr46,   6 up.

• sjvmm
    5 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 3:44 PM

H,.folks

Completed my match against DanWidget (Phil), seems a lovely guy.

I lost am afraid. DanWidget wins 3&2

• sjvmm
    5 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:09 PM

Ooops, make that- DanWidget wins 4&2

RSS