Forums

Help › Forums

The Southern England Invitational Cup

Fri, Dec 11 2015 11:51 AM (79 replies)
  • DanWidget
    1,307 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:14 PM

Just played my match against Steve (SJVMM) and very enjoyable it was as well.  Having conceded hole 1 due to tier level I pulled back to AS on hole 3 before WGT threw a spanner in the works and started giving us load issues which eventually ended the game.  So we picked up the match again where we left off.

I managed to take the lead at hole 5 but Steve instantly hit back at hole 6 to level again. after H7 was played to par I inched in front again at 8 to take a 1 shot advantage into the turn.  Conceding my 2nd hole for tier level at 10 the match kicked off at 11 AS again so it was all to play for.

Unfortunately things didn't really go Steve's way on the run home and I managed to win holes 11, 14 and 15 to take a dormie 3 hole lead. A tied hole 16 meant that the game was closed out for a victory.

Fun game and a great opponent who I would happily play again any time.  Thanks mate I enjoyed it.

Las Vegas Knights win 3 & 2

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 1:01 PM

Just played my match

Stu is a quality player and im pleased to say i won the match 3 up

Russ

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 1:03 PM

I was lol, but you were more consistant. Really well played Russ pretty to watch approaches from 200+ dropping on a dime next to the hole. Even when i  hit some of my own you were there to knock in the putts.

Good luck to the rest of you all.

stu

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:52 PM

LIVE SEL TV

Both games very tight at this stage. All remaining games are vital to determine the winners of the matches. Please arrange your matches asap.

Thursday 8pm GMT the game between Lakeside1952  & PEnglish3 will be broadcast live on SEL TV . All welcome to support your respective players.

Follow this link to watch the match

http://selgolfclub.co.uk/?page_id=1028

• Lakeside1952
    351 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:05 PM

G'day all,

Just got hammered by P English (Paul), 6 & 5, whose putter was on fire..

Enjoyable game while it lasted.

Well done paul, I look forward to a rematch..when I grow up..

Cheers

Sean

• NorfolknHope
    609 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 2:14 PM

Mick (Spanishfox) managed to beat me 1 up. Great game, very close throughout.

David

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:20 PM

Reporting some results for Calm Waters:

Thomo WON 6 up

KPaiva WON 4 up

Farnarcler LOST no score reported

Kanuck LOST 2 down

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 2:29 PM

Posting for Spanishfox:

Well what a game when i played Nofolkinhope I won the first and thn by the 15th i was 2d and on the way to defeat. But what happen i do not know Birdied 3 of the last four holes to win 1 up. What a game and David was a great guy to play we had a great game and lots of fun like all games should be.

The Fox

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2015 4:23 PM

Only 6 games to play this week. Both matches very close. Please organize your games asap. Please report any match arrangement problems on here or to your captains.

Games to be played:

Las Vegas Knights 19 – 19 SEL Gardenpatch Gnomes

Samslammin1 (GBR) L   vs   Affo (GBR) L

Pogbah (GBR) L   vs   Dave21265 (GBR) L

Priesum (GBR) L   vs   Ian1311 (GBR) L

2511Jonnyxx (GBR) L   vs  TazzyMcillroy (GBR) M    2511Jonnyxx to Concede holes 1,2, 10 & 14

Calm Water CC  13 – 19 SEL Thunder Chickens

DeputyDog65 (USA) TL    vs   JimCruz (USA) TL

RTLMC (AUS) M    vs   Didanz (NZL) M

• 2511jonnyxx
    691 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2015 2:48 PM

hoping  to  play  Taz  wed or thurs  this week....

jon

RSS