Forums

Help › Forums

The Southern England Invitational Cup

Fri, Dec 11 2015 11:51 AM (79 replies)
  • TEdUp
    1,381 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:12 PM

Played my match with Sonja (playwell1) today and she won 1UP on the first extra hole...it played like a yo- yo match...up...down...up...down...I thought I had it in the bag...I was 1UP on 17 and just missed my putt on 16 to go 2UP and close the match...Sonja lipped out her short putt on 17 to square the match.

So I figured we were done...I started to say thanks for the game as we hit our tee shots on 18...we both hit the fairway and green...my approach shot went long, so a downhiller for me...she was pin high and had a 10 footer...I missed it for birdie by a whisker or two...she drained hers to go AS...damn...what do they say about counting your chickens?...lol

Alrighty then, extra holes here we come...I hit my approach long again on #1...she did as well but several feet closer than me...I missed...she didn't...match over...she won it 1UP in an extremely close match.

It was lots of fun and we both enjoyed the golf and the chatter...we plan to play again soon...I'd like a re-match...lol...thanks again Sonja...well played :)

Gary (TEdUp)

• fantasy1
    1,221 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:20 PM

TEdUp:

Played my match with Sonja (playwell1) today and she won 1UP on the first extra hole...it played like a yo- yo match...up...down...up...down...I thought I had it in the bag...I was 1UP on 17 and just missed my putt on 16 to go 2UP and close the match...Sonja lipped out her short putt on 17 to square the match.

So I figured we were done...I started to say thanks for the game as we hit our tee shots on 18...we both hit the fairway and green...my approach shot went long, so a downhiller for me...she was pin high and had a 10 footer...I missed it for birdie by a whisker or two...she drained hers to go AS...damn...what do they say about counting your chickens?...lol

Alrighty then, extra holes here we come...I hit my approach long again on #1...she did as well but several feet closer than me...I missed...she didn't...match over...she won it 1UP in an extremely close match.

It was lots of fun and we both enjoyed the golf and the chatter...we plan to play again soon...I'd like a re-match...lol...thanks again Sonja...well played :)

Gary (TEdUp)

So this match is a draw then.

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:30 PM

As far as I see it since they opted to play it out, this is not a draw and Sonja won in extra holes.I would assume if anyone continues into extra holes them the winner is awarded the points. Is this correct Nico?

" 7. Points per matchup Win =3, Draw= 1 Loss= 0. Please note that matchups are deemed a draw if All Square after 18 Holes. Extra Holes are not required, but players may continue if they wish."

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:33 PM

Had my game with Trents and really there was only one player in it. Clue: it wasn't me.

Very enjoyable match though and great company, Trents is a gent and if it hadn't been for the holes he had to concede to me for the handicap then it would have been quite a thumping he gave me. In the end he won 2 Up and deservedly so.

Thanks for the game bud, happy to play again any time.

Nigel.

• 20feet
    2,097 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 3:01 PM

7. Points per matchup Win =3, Draw= 1 Loss= 0. Please note that matchups are deemed a draw if All Square after 18 Holes. Extra Holes are not required, but players may continue if they wish.  

I would read it as a draw only because it says  Extra Holes are not required, but players may continue if they wish.

lol maybe we need to  find a lawyer .

All good fun 

Rod

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 3:23 PM

Scores so far:

Las Vegas Knights 6-4 SEL Gardenpatch Gnomes

20Feet (CAN) TL   vs  Jacko1972 (GBR) TL 20Feet wins 1UP
    Wutpa (CAN) L    vs   Ptrenter (GBR) TL    Ptrenter wins 2UP
    Tedup (CAN) L vs Playwell1 GER L  Match Drawn
    Texsoon (USA) L   vs   TonyHarris31965 (GBR) L Texoon wins 4UP

Calm Water CC  0-3 SEL Thunder Chickens

BigAcker (AUS) TM   vs   XPYBurnt (USA) TM XPYburnt wins 3UP

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 3:24 PM

Sonja vs Tedup will be a draw. Extra holes are played only for fun/ in the spirit of the game.

1 Point for each team.

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:18 PM

Friendly, good comms and flexible with timings.  Why can't they all be like that?  First time I've had to concede holes and I forgot to concede the 1st.  Nigel won it anyway but he earned that it fair and square so I cc'd hole 7 once I discovered my mistake.  There was never more than 1 hole in it until right at the end.  a/s thru 15 but I won the next 2 for a 2&1 win.  As with these thing there were only a few putts made and missed that made the difference.

Top bloke, thanks a lot Nigel.

• Quakeyyyyy2003
    292 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:20 PM

Played Golfguru67 (Jen).

It was a very close game, and most enjoyable.

We were all square at the 18th (a draw)

• Texsoon
    359 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:53 PM

Played Tony (Tonyharrs31965) in a good match.  Enjoyed the chat back and forth.  Tony is a great guy.  I got off to a great start and hit the ball well for a change. Tony made a charge on back 9 but I got lucky and held him off.

I won 4 up after 15.

Very enjoyable match

RSS