630 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2015 2:22 PM

reporting that RTLMC won his match 1up

Russ

• Nicozandberg
    722 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 1:48 AM

Reporting for JimCruz:

Play my match with Deputydog, what a classy man and great player. Sorry it took so long to get this game in, but he was in hospital for the last week and need a couple of days to get back into game. Anyway, was fun match that went back and forth on front side and we ended up even after nine. Not sure if it was his med's or me promising to take my putter out to dinner and wine, but i ended up winning 3 up.

Cheers SEL

Jim

• 2511jonnyxx
    691 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:40 PM

just  played  my  match  with  tazzy... a score  that  says  tazzy  won    6 n 4...  but  game was played with great compliments and  a  lot  closer  than the score says...

great match   taz...rules   were  rules  2holes/4 concedes =6  ..ran  out  of  holes...

jon

• TazzyMcIlrory
    15 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 3:23 AM

Yes, great match with Jonny. Felt embarrassed taking the last conceded hole having chipped in for a bird on the hole before. As Jonny said, rules are rules and it was a shame to end with the conceded 14th.

A closer match than the result suggests. Thanks for the match Jonny.

• Affo
    133 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 12:09 PM

Just managed to get my match with slamminsam played..our ships kept passing in the night, but we were determined to play.

Sam got an early lead on the 2nd and we traded halves for a while before I manged to sneak ahead. Kept the lead with some unfortunate luck for Sam on a couple of holes and rounded out the match on 16 with a close approach while dormie.

Cheers Sam, great company, hope that warmed you up a little from the outside weather!!

Andy

SEL wins 3&2

• Nicozandberg
    722 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 5:56 PM

Well that confirms the finals round

Chickens will play the Gnomes for the Cup

Calm Waters will play Las Vegas Knights for 3rd place.

Both clashes were very tightly contested, and with one day to go only one match (Priesum vs Ian1311) has not been played, but will not affect the final outcome.

Id like to thank all partcipants for arranging and playing their matches.

Good luck in the final round.

• slamminsam1
    2,244 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 3:41 AM

Andy's being to kind here- he was always in control, but the nice thing was- it really was a nice friendly match which I really enjoyed 'hopefully' we can remain friends and take this further, might even sneak a win in the not to distant future! Thanks for the game Andy, true gent played in the proper spirit of the game-cheers m8

Sam

• Affo
    133 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 3:16 PM

Just played against current SEL No1 in the rankings, awmt18....I knew it would be tough and as per our previous encounters, matt raced to a 2 hole lead after 2....hmm, going to be tough now and it certainly was.

I missed a couple of half chances to get back but every time I got close, matt put it closer. I lost another and was staring defeat in the face but managed to rally with some mid range putts and won the last 2 holes to tie the match up.

Some great stuff on display and as always, a pleasure to play against such a gent.

DRAW

• Nicozandberg
    722 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 3:57 PM

I disguised myself as a gnome and told Paul that it was a warmup. He fell for it and I won 3&2.

Some great golf from us both. As I told Paul after the game, it takes a real special effort to beat him. Good Game mate, till we meet again.

Hereafter a pic of my disguise.

• Nicozandberg
    722 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2015 12:57 PM

Just want to thank Tuxedo for running the forum for us. Good luck to all team involved.

Our first few scores:

SEL Gardenpatch Gnomes 1-7 SEL Thunder Chickens

PEnglish3 (L) vs NicoZandberg (L) NicoZandberg wins 3&2
    Affo (L) vs Awmt18 (L) Match Drawn
    TonyHarris31965 (L) vs Harry3Putt1(L) Harry3Putt1 wins 4UP

RSS