Forums

Help › Forums

The Southern England Invitational Cup

Fri, Dec 11 2015 11:51 AM (79 replies)
  • tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:37 AM

Should be 7-4 two wins one tie 3+3+1= 7

I will change the "leader-board" after a few more results.

Nicozandberg:

Scores so far:

Las Vegas Knights 6-4 SEL Gardenpatch Gnomes

20Feet (CAN) TL   vs  Jacko1972 (GBR) TL 20Feet wins 1UP
    Wutpa (CAN) L    vs   Ptrenter (GBR) TL    Ptrenter wins 2UP
    Tedup (CAN) L vs Playwell1 GER L  Match Drawn
    Texsoon (USA) L   vs   TonyHarris31965 (GBR) L Texoon wins 4UP

Calm Water CC  0-3 SEL Thunder Chickens

BigAcker (AUS) TM   vs   XPYBurnt (USA) TM XPYburnt wins 3UP

• MBowe
    1,981 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:27 AM

Hi, Just finished a great match with Harry3putt1.  I won 2 UP in the end but it was a very close match with a great gentlemen.  Superb play Harry just lucked out on a couple putts.

Mike

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:29 AM

Played MBowe ( Mike ) at Bethpage Black 18 hole M/P

First and foremost what an absolute gentleman Mike is. Great sportsman and a very fine player.
    I took an early 1 hole lead then Mike got his putter red hot and raced into a 3 hole lead. By the 9th i had managed to get back to being only 1 down. by the 12th Mikes fine play got him back into a 3 hole lead. I managed a win the the 13th to get back to 2 down. Could i get that elusive next hole to make a game of it. Nope, Mike proved far to consistant and came away a worth winner.

Mike wins 2 up

From the first hole to the 17th it was all about birdies with a few parrs thrown in.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was an absolute pleasure to play against such a fine opponent

Thank you Mike. Look forward to seeing you on the cut stuff again

• bobby58lucas
    163 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 10:51 AM

Just played an old friend in mike9950, i started off very well and managed to get a 3 shot lead, but unfortunately for me i could not hold onto it and mike clawed his way back into the match to get a very well earned half.. the match was tied

good game mike and thanks

Bobby 

• Mike9950
    51 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 10:55 AM

Thanks for the game Bobby, such a gent and great player.

Good luck in future games

Mike

• Beeners58
    36 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 1:30 PM

Just got a whoop'n from Rhud2 (Robert) on my match (Gnomes).  MY driver and irons showed up to play, but my putter was  clearly on strike.  Robert played a great match and his putter was on fire.  Not much one can do when your opponent isn't making mistakes and is one-putting everything.  At least we had a great, friendly match - very nice guy and the win was well-deserved. 

Thanks,

Eileen (Beeners58)

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 2:14 PM

Played my match against ecep315 (Ed). I won 3&2. Ed was very unlucky with his putting, and missed quiet a few putts by inches. My putts on the other hand was finding the hole.On another day this result would be different.

Game was played in good spirit. Looking foward to many more games with Ed. Well played.

• rhud2
    1,333 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 2:34 PM

Just finished playing Beeners58.

Eileen what a great little player you are. Great company and fun match.

The only difference in the match was my putter was hot and her's was STONE COLD! You made some fantastic shots but just could not make a thing. Good Luck in the rest of your matches.

Rhud wins 5up

Robert

• msulaman
    448 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 6:09 PM

Won my match with KenBTEXAS 3 up after a seesaw match. Only good putting saved me in the end. A pleasure to play a real gentleman.

Curtis

• fourta
    292 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 7:09 PM

Just played my match with rush2012(David).

This match had some wild swings to it. Clutch putting, not so clutch putting. I was down 2 then on the back nine , I caught a little spark and went up by 2, but with 2 to play , David made a clutch 18 footer to win the hole on the 17th and then proceeded to win the 18th and the match ended in a draw. Nice playing Dave. I was starting to count the money. LOL

Jamie

RSS