Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC #7 is here!! (Country Club Clash)

Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:35 PM (98 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 5:39 AM

MBaggese:

C'mon back Alan....it's time to play with your bro's, and just have fun.

Agreed.  It's a shame multi-player games are so difficult to get played to the end, they're by far the best fun to be had here.

I really don't know how many of the connection problems are down to WGT but if there's anything they can do about it I really hope they get onto it, so many great people are leaving the game because of these issues.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 6:02 AM

MainzMan:
      It's a shame multi-player games are so difficult to get played to the end, they're by far the best fun to be had here.

Yup. Makes the chatbox and disconnection issues all the more annoying.

So, where have you been hiding, haven't seen you lit green in months?

• TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 7:44 AM

I just have one question here.. Will WGT ever listen to it's customers? They must see that these "clashes" are not what CC's are wanting. The general concept of CC's going up against each other is good. However, this format is terrible. True or not, it is viewed by most as another "money grab" from WGT. I know that every club would love to see a good interface for creating tournaments that involve cc v cc. I have news for you WGT, this is not it.

Why not create a CC committee to work with. Get some ideas from the ones that pay your wages. Find out what is really wanted from the CC's. I'm sure that would never happen.. Just a thought though....

Duck

Edit:

Just an FYI for WGT:

Here are the current leaders of the clash along with how many members they have in their clubs. Does anyone see a pattern?

The Georgian      245
    WGT AMIGOS      249
    The Peoples Club   240
    The old duffers retreat   248
    Majestic Mountain   249
    Scottish Bravehearts  248
    AUGUSTA NATIONAL CC   246
    The serenity club   248
    Ardis Bird Farm   167
    No Quitters Here Please  102

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:29 AM

I note that the rewards are a bit on the paltry side - What? No Benny Hill boosts?

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:40 AM

Please .....send list of suckers who play this BS clash. I gotta deal for them ;)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 11:34 AM

PaulTon:

So, where have you been hiding, haven't seen you lit green in months?

I got a bit distracted by a game I signed up for to earn a few free WGT credits.  I only wanted to collect them and leave but got hooked and found myself spending more time there than here.

However, I asked them to delete my account yesterday, it just didn't have the long term appeal of WGT.  And as an aside, you also had to refresh fairly regularly and clear cache now and then.  There were fewer issues then we have to put up with here but the game was far from glitch free.

Thanks for noticing my absence by the way, I'll try to be green more often from now on.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 12:26 PM

WGTShamWow:

there will be bonuses for lowest round in that Clash, so try to shoot low! 

I know it doesn't matter one way or the other, but there do not appear to be any bonuses for lowest round. I only see the usual 100 for highest scoring individual, and the 500 for winning the clash, in the points totals.

Edit: hovering over the 100 point award suggests it is now for the best round, not the best scoring player for the whole clash. Yet the Event Help has not been changed to reflect this.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 12:43 PM

You've got to applaud wgt for their perceverance.  1 positive comment in 5 pages of negativity and they still think its a EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:07 PM

I see the leaderboard is already taking that predictable shape:

You might as well sort the country clubs in member order and copy/paste.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 4:38 PM

What happens if  the same country club win the country club clash more than one time ?

They receive a second golden putter ?

I was thinking wgt give only one golden putter  to a country club

It's just a question, me i don't play this thing

RSS