Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC #7 is here!! (Country Club Clash)

Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:35 PM (98 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 4:58 PM

Nothing in the rules saying not Michel.

Anyway 10,000 points is currently top 10, no real interest being shown.

5 minutes away from grubbing for these cheap few $s might have been something towards paying to fix something worthwhile.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 5:05 PM

I thought his was a good idea when it first started. Just a bit of fun and a chance to win something.

Boy was I wrong.   Small club like mine as we only have about 20-25 regular players has No Chance.

The Clash is really built for clubs with heaps of members playing.

If Wgt was smart, they would have grades/groups with prizes for each Grade, other than passes and a overall Leaderboard for the major Prize.   That way the smaller clubs can have a chance of getting something maybe.

-Roger

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:53 PM

OK, I've played a couple of games in this clash and have to admit WGT has made one very big improvement.  Instead of just shooting any score and being awarded points for every shot taken you now earn points for each hole depending on how well you play it.  Those who can play well are being rewarded at last.

Obviously a massive club will still have an edge over a tiny one but one good player who birdies every hole will beat 2 players who play par rounds.  A small club of good players can beat a bigger club full of mediocre players.

If they would set a limit to the number of rounds that can be played during a clash they'd have it really sorted.  Sadly this is unlikely as there'd be a drop in pass sales.

Still, it's a big step in the right direction and I salute WGT for taking it.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 11:46 PM

MainzMan:
    Still, it's a big step in the right direction and I salute WGT for taking it.

Saw your post Mainz, and as it's you took some notice.  I even went and played a round to see as you always talk sense.

On this occasion I can't join you with giving them any Kudos though:

1. May win passes.  However each round only gives you half a tourney round XP anyway, and past a point more club XPs are pointless anyway.

2. Points per hole does reward skill.  As you say though (and I paraphrase) the elephant in the room is that a larger club just needs to throw passes, and so more passes.  Of course the smaller club could buy a pass, but the smaller clubs with better players are the ones least likely to care?  Whatever it quickly degenerates to a pass buy same as before if you care.

As you say at least limiting the passes would be good, and I would add proper match ups size wise (assuming still an issue) would still be needed.  All not happening it seems as fundamentally not the idea (s you pointed out passes wise).

Lipstick on a pig anything they do to this sadly.  I just can't see anything worth chasing in any way shape or form - JMO 

The turnout looks so pitiful - top 10 with what 5 rounds so far - perhaps they should try listening to skill requests, just to see if a few balls get used ?....Their game and they have the figures, but this end the mind boggles at what they are up to ..

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 1:45 AM

Jimbog1964:

On this occasion I can't join you with giving them any Kudos though:

No worries Jim, I often look at the world through red wine tinted sunglasses and thought making a good score worth more than a bad one was a good thing.  Obviously more is needed but I was pleased to see them introduce it anyway.  It will allow a club with few members to compete against a bigger one, as long as those few are good players.

At the end of the day though there is no substitute for having 250 people taking part, they really need to either limit the number of rounds played so it's down to pure talent or at least choose more suitable opponents.  Our last clash was against a club with 1 member.  That's just a joke. 

It every club were allowed to play, purely for example, 30 rounds then we'd have a situation where good scores would win, not simply numbers overcoming smaller clubs.  There would also be a tactical element to it.  Do you buy passes for your better players or let anyone who wants to have a go?  There would be a drop in pass sales but at least most of us would get the sort of clash we want.

I'd really like to see WGT give this a go, just for 1 clash to see how it works out.   Clashes could could be a great feature, they just didn't think them out properly before introducing them.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 2:08 AM

If you're in Australia/ NZ, there is no point. Since several of the clashes come and go as we sleep.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 3:10 AM

SHRUDE:
    If you're in Australia/ NZ, there is no point. Since several of the clashes come and go as we sleep.

It's 48 hours long Shrude. I hope we all sleep sometime during that window.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 3:44 AM

courteneyfish:

It's 48 hours long Shrude. I hope we all sleep sometime during that window.

Your way off the mark.  Most country clubs are probably from USA and Europe, and seeing as Sydney Australia is 17 hours ahead of WGT TIME, and 10 hours ahead of GMT, they're probably sleeping when most of usa and europe are battling away in clashes, throwing money ay wgt for a chance to buy a pass to hopefully win the golden carrot, and when they are awake and wanting to play, we're all in bed so they can not play much.  Do you think a CC clash is worth staying up late or getting up way early to participate in (oh sorry, i'm asking the wrong person)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 4:06 AM

chrisironsbones:

Most country clubs are probably from USA and Europe, and seeing as Sydney Australia is 17 hours ahead of WGT TIME, and 10 hours ahead of GMT, they're probably sleeping when most of usa and europe are battling away in clashes.

And playing while the USA and Europe are sleeping?

I'm no fan of Clashes either but any responsible owner supports their members that are.

• TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 6:42 AM

delete

RSS