rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:04 PM (21 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 4:43 AM

ScottHope:

mantis0014:
    How do we do that?  -Roger
    Basically Roger, it's just checking through all the programs installed on your PC and getting rid of what you don't need/use/want...

Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features

...and if you don't know what any particular program is or does, Google it, and if you still don't know, leave it be. : )

Revo Uninstaller is a handy program for finding the left over bits that the control panel/ program uninstaller doesn't remove.  You would use this program instead of the control panel or the program uninstall, to uninstall those programs.

The free one works just fine.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:04 PM

Had a 1 time HP Tower replacement a year ago (for free).  Went to my outside repair vendor determined what to get and why (I'm computer ignorant).  Told him to set it up with windows 8, with windows 10 to be an auto replacement program in the future.

He installed avg systems, cleaned up mfg programs, installed the newest flash, got rid of all the spyware, and auto -responseware with it.

At the time of my very 1st round (After 30days of no computer) I scored within 1 stroke of my average.  Only issues I had were ongoing wgt system issues that everyone was having.

I crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes, to unhex what cuud've been a bad experience into a good one.  Also began using maxthon cloud as my browser instead of maxthon 3 as I had been for last 3 years with no problems.  My change over to windows 10 last month was very uneventful as well.  Am I lucky? no, I don't think so.  I just took precautions (Spent a few dollars for professional advice) and then followed thru on that advice.

I had suffered with previous equipment changes, wuudn't wish them on any one.  Much better to be prepared and make a plan you can live with.  My nickle.

RSS