Forums

Help › Forums

Help with computer problem please .

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:04 PM (21 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:35 PM

Been playing for 5 years now without any problems . Just bought a new computer and everything about this site is hopeless . The play now sign flashes or  fades so you cannot click on it . The loading stops at 51% for around 1 minute then moves to 80% for another minute before you can play . And reading the forums is worst - it just jams .

Sometimes I get recover web page message 3 or 4 times before I can play or a long script is running message.

Other websites are the same and others are fine . Same computer gb etc as old one .

It,s driving me to despair .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:45 PM

What operating system does it have? What did you do to the computer out of the box, if anything?

It sounds like a Flash problem but there's other things that could be getting in the way. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:52 PM

Seek out and remove bloatware & crapware.  (Programs that PC manufacturers install on your computer which really aren't that useful).

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 2:18 PM

Maybe conflicting flash?  Your despair saddens me somewhat.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:23 PM

ScottHope:

Seek out and remove bloatware & crapware.  (Programs that PC manufacturers install on your computer which really aren't that useful).

And eat up memory which makes the Flash problem worse.

• paddywack
    45 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:43 PM

nothing wrong with your equipment it wgt they have fucked tis greatt game up I'm 7 years on never seen nothing like this its fucked up and they don give a ***.full stop

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 5:27 AM

7 years and 157 RRs. Ya, I can see you applied yourself. Easier to blame it on the game.

• FarFoo
    2,913 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 6:47 AM

You have a point Jim , but so does he.

I've never had so many problems I get now.

Takes so long for servers to let you re connect after they disconnected someone, that game is over. You can actually watch the game client load in veeeeery slow stages , player name.... wait .... clubs.....wait.... some text....wait ... gets to the continue button last if you are lucky to get there in time. and about 50/50 chance once you hit it that you get "unexpected error"

And I have very fast broadband

I'm finishing about 1 game in 3 multi player right now.

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:58 AM

FarFoo:

You have a point Jim , but so does he.

I've never had so many problems I get now.

Takes so long for servers to let you re connect after they disconnected someone, that game is over. You can actually watch the game client load in veeeeery slow stages , player name.... wait .... clubs.....wait.... some text....wait ... gets to the continue button last if you are lucky to get there in time. and about 50/50 chance once you hit it that you get "unexpected error"

And I have very fast broadband

I'm finishing about 1 game in 3 multi player right now.

Also agree with Craig, not sure its servers or flash but i have never had to reload the game client every 2 games like i do now.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:16 AM

paddywack:
    nothing wrong with your equipment it wgt they have fucked tis greatt game

The OP had the game running well on his original rig, he buys new equipment and now has problems, a very common occurrence especially since Windows8 onward. They come full of crap progs that kick in on start up and also $hitty apps and all sorts of rubbish that have to be disabled and deleted.

What I'm trying to say is ' Stop talking pish please'. If you need to moan about the game do it in a relevant (crying and mewling) thread.

Apart from a few more discons than normal in multi-play, the game, for me, is performing better than it has since just before Pinehurst release.

THE CHAT BOX PROBLEM IS REALLY ANNOYING THOUGH.

Oops that ^^^ last bit should've been posted in one of CIB's threads! Breaking my own rules now  ;)

RSS