Help › Forums

Help with computer problem please .

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:04 PM (21 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:27 AM

PRIESTESS:
    Also agree with Craig, not sure its servers or flash but i have never had to reload the game client every 2 games like i do now.

That's a different, known memory leak issue with Flash. I'm sure the OP would be happy to get to the point where he has to rebrowser every 3rd game, or so. His is a different problem.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:45 AM

craigswan:
    The play now sign flashes or  fades so you cannot click on it . The loading stops at 51% for around 1 minute then moves to 80% for another minute before you can play

I also get that with play now sign Craig but only for a few seconds , then it clears.Have you tried turning anti virus off?

• FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:57 AM

YankeeJim:

That's a different, known memory leak issue with Flash.

I haven't updated flash & never had to re launch every couple of games before now.

I'm pretty sure its wgt code that is causing problem. If someone disconnects in multi player.. chances are my meter will be unplayable when they get back on, so I have to disconnect & re launch & see if it lets me get back in within time.

That suggests whatever 'connection' code they are using is not getting cleaned up & reset when connection is made again. Just more code running on top of legacy connection code maybe ?

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 12:09 PM

OK GUYS .

Flash player was the latest update so that was fine .

Read up on bloatware and crapwear but instead of deleting everything I took my time and went through it all one by one and guess what .

EUREKA .

WGT is now so much faster with no problems at all . [ touch wood ]

Thanks everyone  for their help . I,m a very happy bunny .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 12:32 PM

craigswan:
    Read up on bloatware and crapwear but instead of deleting everything I took my time and went through it all one by one

Well done, I had a suspicion you'd get there.  

The msconfig file is where you do the best maintenance by disallowing stuff on startup and that's usually the easiest, fastest way to get streamlined, especially on new computers.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 1:07 PM

Nice one Craig, well done.  : )

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 2:11 PM

ScottHope:

Seek out and remove bloatware & crapware.  (Programs that PC manufacturers install on your computer which really aren't that useful).

How do we do that?

-Roger

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 2:17 PM

There is a program called "Emsisoft Emergency Kit".  It is a nice bit of software that will scan your computer for abnormalities.  It will remove "PUP", potentially unwanted programs".  Please read documentation, and know what you have on your computer.  You will have the ability not to remove anything that the software judges that could be harmful to your computer.

It is a great piece of software.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:35 PM

mantis0014:
    How do we do that?  -Roger
    Basically Roger, it's just checking through all the programs installed on your PC and getting rid of what you don't need/use/want...

Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features

...and if you don't know what any particular program is or does, Google it, and if you still don't know, leave it be. : )

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 3:31 AM

For anybody who doesn,t know .

Amazon sell refurbished computers that are almost brand new for around 50%-75% off the new price . That,s where I bought mine . It is brand new , still in the box and a 12 month guarantee .

Thanks again everyone for your help .

RSS