Forums

Help › Forums

callaway soft balls level 33

Tue, Sep 22 2015 2:18 PM (99 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 5:43 AM

Good question as if it states do you want another sleeve and they give you something else then thats a false sale. Anyway they cant give you Hex ones as they have ran out of make believe computer generated balls ;-)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 6:03 AM

razza31:

When u're on your last Hex Chrome is there a buy another sleeve pop up? If yes, does it buy the softs or hex?

I don't remember seeing the option to buy more, as they are not the same. I used the lvl. 43/ legend Callys , which have also been switched to Chrome Softs, and have cost Callaway another customer, as i now play Taylormade "Lethals". Still trying to decide whether I'm going to contact Callaway directly & let them know how WGT has effed up their product.

Doc :(

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 5:49 AM

No improvement on these soft balls since the last update ?

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 2:14 PM

I have been battling with WGT over these crappy balls for going on 4 weeks. They denied any problem for a long time and when I showed them FORUM posts showing other members were being re-imbursed they still denied responsibility. Below is the last e-mail contacts,(chronologically bottom to top).

Your response has NO relevance to my complaint!
    In 40 years of real golf I have NEVER hit a golf ball into the water or out of bounds due to an equipment failure!
    In real golf when you purchase defective balls you return them and receive a refund/replacement because, unlike WGT, retailers/manufacturers stand behind their product.
    You don`t have an employee telling you:  1/ - there is nothing wrong with the balls
                                                                        2/ - we don`t replace used balls even though they were used because WGT repeatedly stated they have just been (re)tested are not defective
                                                                        3/ - we don`t replace lost balls even though they were lost due to a game defect  
       while other employees ARE reimbursing other customers for the above reason because there was/is a defect.
    This whole process has convinced me that if WGT were being honest they would have disclaimer pop-up when you click on "contact us" stating "Before wasting your time you should know that we don`t give a *** and will always deny any problems exist."                                                        
    On 08/30/15, members@worldgolftour.com wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

To garygun

Support (WGT)

Aug 30, 10:58 AM

Hi Gary,
    Just as in real golf, if you hit a virtual golf ball into the water or out of bounds, you must replace it with a different ball. Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

When a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. Please check the FAQ to learn more about golf balls.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#balls

Thank you,
    WGT Member Services

Forums - http://www.wgt.com/forums/
    FAQ - http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx

garygun

Aug 29, 8:28 PM

Apparently "USED" balls ARE replaced. Kindly refund my credits and I will buy balls that work properly.

mogolfer49(http://www.wgt.com/members/mogolfer49/default.aspx)
    114 Posts

08-27-2015 9:07 AM

I previously reported a problem with the L33's, and had lost numerous balls, and was re-equipped with 2 sleeves....OF SAME BALL. After last update I started using again, and had some of the same problems, and reported again.

This time, trying to follow your instructions, just aftr it happened I tried to do a right click to submit....now all along I have been checking right click and it worked, now when I want to report as per your instructions, right click is not working.

I hit a ball from fairway 69 yds out with tailwind of 9-11, St. Andrew hole one. I hit it at 65 with no BS or TS, and at lest should have made green to roll up, the ball dropped 13 yds short of the hole into the water. Now 13 yds doesn't seem like much but at 65 yds it is a 20% loss.

I stopped my game but not sure you can pick it up....game is in suspension now.

> On 08/27/15, members@worldgolftour.com wrote:
    > >
    > > table td { border-collapse: collapse; } > >

garygun

Aug 27, 4:00 PM

NOT USED - 3 balls were lost due to wgt screwing up their performance.

On 08/27/15, members@worldgolftour.com wrote:
    >
    > table td { border-collapse: collapse; }

Support (WGT)

Aug 27, 12:01 PM

Hi Gary,
    Thank you for the message. Unfortunately I cannot refund balls that have already been used.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

garygun

Aug 25, 9:02 AM

3 balls were lost due to wgt screwing up their performance.
    When is WGT going to start taking responsibility for their errors? I have been a member since 2009 and accepted a lot of quirks in the beginning as part of refining a new (software) game. I have watched as the improvements caused more problems and each time WGT denied there was any problem and when finally forced to admit there was a problem denying any form of re-imbursement. If WGT had admitted up front there was a problem with these balls and suggested members get a refund and/or use other balls until the problem was corrected I would not have ended up buying 3 sleeves of defective balls and suffering through inconsistent performance because I was repeatedly told the balls were fine. I was called a *liar by some ass too lazy to think what would make you want to change from the ball used for a long time and for which you know all your yardages. WGT forced us to change balls and I hear many have dropped to cheaper/free balls.
    I imagine there are many other members who are actively seeking alternative entertainment due to the complete lack of respect shown by WGT.
    How much has it cost WGT to respond to my complaint which could have been avoided or resolved almost 3 weeks ago by refunding for ALL the defective balls at that time. As it is, for $7.50 (for WGT $1.07 based on 165,000 Credits for a $250 gift card from Amazon.com), you have a severely pissed off customer. For $1.07! How`s that for a sound business plan. I wonder how long before advertisers start wondering how accurate WGT`s ACTIVE, (those who might actually see their ads), member numbers are or start reading the Forums.

* We have tested the balls over and over again and have found zero issues. I am not able to give you balls especially ones with a higher price tag. It sounds like you want more expensive balls and didn't want to buy them so now you are trying to say the Callaways aren't good so we would replace them.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 3:02 PM

It's only new balls, right?  They didn't retroactively screw with the 33 Callies already in your bag, did they?  Granted I pretty much retired, but I still have a number of the old 33 Callies in my bag and I wouldn't want to play a round and find out that they're totally worthless.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 3:19 PM

Only the new soft callys Michael, but to be honest im not sure whats going on as there were issues as you can see all over threads BUT for last 3 or 4 days mine have been fine.

Bubbs

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 3:40 PM

I previously suggested WGT should advise us if/when they corrected the problem. Too much to ask I guess when they don`t officially admit the problem exists.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2015 10:40 PM

Bought it yesterday and have not any issue, balls are perfects. (lvl 33)

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2015 6:06 AM

alberich35:

Bought it yesterday and have not any issue, balls are perfects. (lvl 33)

yeah since the last update they are same as the hex ever where 

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2015 7:39 AM

theyve been fine for a while now, just b4 the last update for me. have been swapping between different balls after each game then back to the l33 soft (as that was when my performance dropped off), this is also fine, so fingers crossed all is well.

RSS