New Tees for Amateurs and Pro's

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:18 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 4:53 AM

Hi,

I wondered if anyone can help with this query.

With the new tees - White for Pro's. Does this mean we will be hitting off the "White" tees in the monthly tournaments and in our ranked rounds ??

Its no good practicing off the white tees, only to find in the monthly international tournament at Bethpage - you are hitting off the Gold tees ? and the same for the Amateurs.

From my point of view your parctice rounds, should be from the same tees as that of your ranked rounds and tournament play.

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers Doug

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 7:29 AM

Doug,

i was gonna ask the same question, but i believe you are correct. If you are a pro or amateur in the weekleys you should be playing the white tees now, which isnt a good thing......well for me its not. Now gotta learn course managment all over, or i could just become a master. :-)

Take care

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 9:53 AM

You should be teeing off from the same tee in ranked rounds and tournaments.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:10 AM

What about rounds where we have already teed off on the old tees? Will we get another chance at these tourneys?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:39 AM

Hi Ellis, tees did not change for any of the tournaments that have already started.

• Azrael
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 11:55 AM

This is ridiculous! Sorry for putting it so bluntly, but I really can't comprehend why I went back to the easy tees again. I am playing to improve myself. But now I am back on the easy tees so my results won't mean anything anymore compared to what I played in the last weeks.

First BPB where we had to go back to the regular tees from the tournament tee (which I could maybe understand because it was a tournament, but it still doesn't make any sense since this is a computer game). So I went back to playing Kiawah which was okay because I had just moved up to the pro tees before BPB started (which was a weird move back then because I wasn't that good) so it was a fun challenge. But being moved back to the easy tees again takes out all the fun!

Please make up your mind before applying these changes! First you move us to the more difficult tees when there's really no reason to, and then when we finally learn how to play this game a little bit you move us back to the easy tees.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:25 PM

And if you kept up with the forums you would have been aware of the public outcry when people couldn't reach the fairway with the default set of clubs.... so which is it, please you or please the majority of the complainers?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:57 PM

/Agree AvatarLee....

Lets see... 1 thread"Make it longer"  vs 39,359 threads/whines "It's too long!!!!"

Sorry Azrael, looks like you're in the minority.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 3:04 PM

From an old fart, who's reflexes are not what they were as a fifty-five year old pup, I thank the designers for the shorter tees, and the slower swing meter provided with one set of clubs. I can now reach most greens in regulation. Now if I can only learn to putt.

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 4:12 PM

I'm just happy for the consistent tee placements. That makes things a lot nicer.

• PAGES
RSS