Spieth ... by one shot ...

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 7:29 PM

Jordan!

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 7:30 PM

OUCH!!!!!!!!                  D.J                                    happy for Spieth though..

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 7:33 PM

Did he just have a meter glitch ..Oh dear

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 7:55 PM

So I have watched US Open 2015 at Chambers Bay and noticed more of brownish than greenish color on this course unlike here on wgt.

Is there a drought like in California, or they did not pay the water bill and sprinklers are dry?

On the very last hole of this tournament Jordan Spieth in his second shot drove a ball close to 300yards uphill with an iron to have a chance for an eagle.

Here I can not do it even with my 3W club.

So my question is how come we don't have those long range irons clubs here on wgt?

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 9:04 PM

Once you reach Level 200, you will be able to buy the latest Taylor Made driver with a maximum distance of 375. Only 10,000 credits. :-)

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 9:46 PM

LOLserver:

zagraniczniak:

Kind of like St Andrews where you can essentially have different holes because of the setup (reverse, using double fairways etc). Don't know if that tee will be available in WGT or not.  

That would be cool, although I do not believe (I'm positive actually) WGT would invest manpower to create a new tee (in this case only for legend or TL) when they have already established the tee locations per level....from hack to legend.

Great idea tho.

Eric

The alternate tee is (mostly) in the game, even if WGT hasn't set it up to be played from there yet:

This is the farthest camera that I could find from the pin.  It looks good up to 197 yards from the pin or so, then the lower half of the avatar begins to disappear.  At 200 yards the avatar is totally off-camera and the view is from the green.  I got as far as 207 yards from the pin before going OOB.

I pitched it around in that area and didn't find any "tee box" lies, so it hasn't been programmed that way.  That's the easy part for WGT.  The hard part is getting the photos and coding in all of the terrain, which they have.  It's possible that they could use the alternate tee in the future.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 1:25 AM

I watched Rory all the way,and then he imploded on 15 & 17 & 18, could have won it.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 5:29 AM

Our winner is roidrage03 with Spieth!!!.....great pick ; ))

Please mate, let me know the sleeve of your choice and I send it to you right after : )))

Btw....I could not hold my self awake to see the end but it was awesome (saw the replay)

Eric

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 5:38 AM

Fabulous finish to the event: glad I caught it live (went to a golf course to watch! Fun to see it with total strangers: huge groan went up at DJ's 3-putt but I have to say we all saw it coming)

Corwyn:
    LOLserver:
    Perhaps someone can sponsor a "score" winner too

I'll sponsor a "score" winner sleeve of choice, Eric. 

And thanks for running this fun thread again!

Most of the likely winners chosen already, but I'll go for Ian Poulter at -5.

Well, I believe I myself was the only one to pick -5 as the winning score... not so right about Ian Poulter though, lol.

1enigma1:
    OK,  Jason  Day is my pick, but likely the winner will have a "j" in their name i.e   Jordan , Johnson, Justin, Jason..  :)                :the Pacific Northwest stunningly beautiful as well as the course -4  or 5 might win it?, looks very tough..

This is the only other entry I could find that was close to winning the sleeve prize... but I'm afraid enigma, that this goes down as "hedging your bets" ;-)

Thanks Eric, for running this wonderful thread: I want to send you the sleeve instead. What would you like?

------------------

P.S. Watching the real-life US Open and seeing the scores, I was curious if players here had an opinion about which club combinations on WGT might offer the best match to replicate the difficulty and experience the pros had. 

I've been trying the challenge of shooting par with the full starters set using the VUSO Qualifier tourney set-up, but that's far harder than the best finishers experienced (pretty close to Tiger's woeful shotmaking though!).

Perhaps the Tour Starter Clubs with low-level balls (e.g. Lexus or equivalent free balls given for tourneys)?

RSS