Help › Forums

Us Open 2015 at Chambers Bay

Mon, Jun 22 2015 11:27 PM (165 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 12:28 PM

SweetiePie:

LOLserver:

Thanks for being part of this thread. See you all again at the next Us Open 2016.

Eric

Lovely work Eric....next year ?? Whoa there great one...not so fast. We have The Open coming soon. It will need your touch of magic....PLEASE, OH PLEASE !!!

Just say yes,

Lily

Thanks Lily.

I was referring to the next Us Open in 2016, but indeed, I was thinking to start a thread for the British Open 2015 at St. Andrews soon (starts in a couple of weeks) and also for the Ryder Cup 2015 At Medina in September.....all is only for fun. : )))

Hope to get more sponsors too.......lol

Eric

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 1:27 PM

andyson:

MARKDMK:

On the very last hole of this tournament Jordan Spieth in his second shot drove a ball close to 300yards uphill with an iron to have a chance for an eagle.

Here I can not do it even with my 3W club.

So my question is how come we don't have those long range irons clubs here on wgt?

I believe you are mistaken about Spieth using an iron to reach the 18th green yesterday.  It clearly was a 3W as shown in this screenshot of a video on the USGA site:

OK you are right I have found round 4 highlights video on golf channel website with much better picture quality than I watching yesterday.

But still even with 3W driving a ball almost 300 yards and 24ft uphill is impossible to do here on wgt..

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 2:39 PM

LOLserver:

Thanks Lily.

I was referring to the next Us Open in 2016, but indeed, I was thinking to start a thread for the British Open 2015 at St. Andrews soon (starts in a couple of weeks) and also for the Ryder Cup 2015 At Medina in September.....all is only for fun. : )))

Eric

How lovely...sponsors ? Does that refer to somthing of a pecuniary nature ? You know, scoots, dough, geet, bread ??? I'm good for a double sawbuck, or XX, or, simply stated     $ 20....just remind me :-} 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 4:42 PM

MARKDMK:
    But still even with 3W driving a ball almost 300 yards and 24ft uphill is impossible to do here on wgt..

Not impossible if you have a tail wind.  Check out the flags on top of the grandstand in this image.

Its a tailwind. I can't say how much but the flags on the right are standing out pretty straight.  And watch the video of that shot, the pin flag is showing downwind as well.

Close (262yds) to getting to 284 with about 7mph downwind and on standard greens.

That was with a L48 Nike ball with 4.5 distance.  Add a longer ball and a little more wind with Champ greens and I think it gets there.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 11:24 PM

andyson:

MARKDMK:

Not impossible if you have a tail wind.  Check out the flags on top of the grandstand in this image.

Its a tailwind. I can't say how much but the flags on the right are standing out pretty straight.  And watch the video of that shot, the pin flag is showing downwind as well.

Close (262yds) to getting to 284 with about 7mph downwind and on standard greens.

That was with a L48 Nike ball with 4.5 distance.  Add a longer ball and a little more wind with Champ greens and I think it gets there.

Beware that in reality if you ball is lying up hill, you will carry much more yards if you hit the ball properly. It is certainly not the same in this game.

Although, the irons length that those pros hit is just amazing. I used to be a hdc 2 player but none in our level could hit so long with the irons. New equipment also makes the trick and those guys hitting so technically bloody well, can do amazing things.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 11:27 PM

SweetiePie:

LOLserver:

Thanks Lily.

Eric

How lovely...sponsors ? Does that refer to somthing of a pecuniary nature ? You know, scoots, dough, geet, bread ??? I'm good for a double sawbuck, or XX, or, simply stated     $ 20....just remind me :-} 

Getting hungry here : )))....nice Lilly, I am counting on some sleeves from your sponsorship for the British Open....thanks <3!!!

Eric

RSS