Forums

Help › Forums

The Christmas Thread

Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:15 AM (36 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 4:03 PM

Just one more report from the word of God.

gsoup, this is the meaning of giving at Christmas, or any time for that matter.

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver". 2 Corinthians 9:7 (KJV)

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 4:23 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 6:11 PM

Both of you just take a deep breath...no need for that type of talk.. Juan, your comments is not called for and sorry Richard, with all the best respect to yourself and everybody else, there is no need to preach to us all

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to everybody

Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 6:33 PM

Mantis, take the truth for what it's worth to you, it's the Christmas thread my friend. Google the word Christmas, people may have a change of heart about what Christmas really means.

Merry Christmas

• golfhog2
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 6:59 PM

Mantis...How is Richard quoting a bible verse preaching? Some reason you feel the conviction of the word enough to lash out against it? Amen Richard.

• MonumentValley
    58 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 7:11 PM

The presents are wrapped and I'm sipping some eggnog while playing golf and waiting for everyone to go to bed so I can play Santa again. Have a good day tomorrow, everyone, and Merry Christmas.

• EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 7:47 PM

To all my friends and those yet to be friended, I wish you and yours the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest of New Years.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 7:49 PM

Romans 1:20

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

This is one of my favorite verses about the evidence of Someone far greater that us.  Just taking a walk and looking around is proof enough that this was no accident.  It takes far more faith to not believe than to realize that we are here for an eternal purpose. 

Not preaching...just stating the obvious.

Everyone have a great Christmas and be safe.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 5:27 AM

Proof enough, eh? Well, you've convinced me with your well-reasoned logic. I'd better go ask the local kiddie-fiddler what MY purpose is......

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 10:00 AM

Juan, this is the purpose God has for man in their lives.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil". Ecclesiastes 12:13-14  (AKJV)

God bless you.

edit: Page 4 went deep south. Christmas must be over.  /sigh

RSS