Fri, Apr 24 2015 8:42 PM

SPINO1:

Manny or Floyd

Who's you choice ?

don't care

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 6:31 AM

I still remember very well Roberto "mano de piedra" Duran, together with Ray Sugar Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Pepino Lopez, etc. awesome fights where Sugar ended up being the best of all...in that period.

In Floyds "decade" there are not being really outstanding opponents to test Floyd to his limits. Floyd did beat Oscar de la Hoya, another great welter boxer, but he did it when Oscar was on his way down.

A couple of years ago Floyd gave a lesson to one of the few real strong opponentst: the Mexican unbeaten Canelo Alvarez. 13 years younger (I think) and unable to even come close enough to punch hard once Floyd in 12 rounds.

Manny is like Oscar de la Hoya was, in his way down, pitty, it would have been GREAT to see Floyd fighting either Manny or Oscar when there were at their best, especially Oscar!

Longing to see the fight even if is very early in the morning here : ))

Eric

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 8:20 AM

If Manny is on his way down at 36, Floyd should be out at 39 lol...

Floyd not only beat Canello, Robert Guerrero was a new superstar beating all the better fighters and he got a lesson, made Hatton look foolish, beat Oscar D another all time great...

He also beat one of the best lb for lb fighters Miguel Cotto, then Madona twice, and those 2 hit harder than Manny does by a mile....all of them have different styles and he figured them out, adapted to them and won...

The welterweight/middleweight class has always had great fighters, but it would be hard to get better than it was with, Sugar Ray, Marvin Hagler, Duran, Wilfredo Benitez, and probably the best of them all if he didn't have a glass jaw Tommy Hearns....

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 8:41 AM

fatdan:

If Manny is on his way down at 36, Floyd should be out at 39 lol...

That is precisely the trick Dan, Floyd is certainly unique and he knows that. At his 39 years old he is bloody faster than any in his league and he keeps showing that fight after fight, no matter who he faces.

Unless Manny can land a lucky punch, I do not see how Manny can win vs Floyd. I think the fight will go to 12 rounds with decision for Floyd.

Eric

ty for the Hearns correction lol, I had it wrong.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 8:58 AM

LOL, sorry about that, wasn't meant to be a correction..LOL

12 rounds huh...I hope so and I pray Manny whips his a$$...I just think Floyd gets off 1st, fights a little more aggressively and knocks him out in the late rounds, unless Manny can make him miss, counter with a right hook and get it over Floyds shoulder which is a big part of his defensive puzzle...that might open floyd up for the straight left, but he better get him fast or Floyd will go back to counter punching, then it will go 12 rounds.

We will see soon, go Manny!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 10:40 AM

fatdan:
    He also beat one of the best lb for lb fighters Miguel Cotto

Margarito slapped Cotto around, and Pacquiao beat Magarito.  If you're using Miguel Cotto as a litmus, I like Manny even more now.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 11:29 AM

I think Floyd will win easily, he has beaten everyone Manny has beaten and more (Canello)

I even have a feeling that he may knock Manny out (I'm willing to bet a sleeve :-))

As far as I know Floyd has 2 fights of a 3 fight deal left, anyone see a rematch regardless of the result? lol

Away from this fight though, I'm saddened by the state of the heavyweight division, the Klitschko's wouldn't have a hope in hell against a "semi prime" Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe or Lewis..

Anyway, cant wait for May 2 :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 11:49 AM

Lizard69:
    I even have a feeling that he may knock Manny out (I'm willing to bet a sleeve :-))

I'll take that bet Liz !!

Pacman will be standing @ the end, whatever the result :-)

Andy

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 12:18 PM

alcaucin:

Lizard69:

I'll take that bet Liz !!

Pacman will be standing @ the end, whatever the result :-)

Andy

You got it Andy :-)

bring on 2 May lol

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:08 PM

Hey brother Liz,I'd like some of that action,,two sleeves to me if Manny wins by knock out ???????,,,Totally agree about the heavy weights,no excitement there since good ol' George Foremans come back to take his crown......

RSS