5,394 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 9:20 AM

Manny or Floyd

Who's you choice ?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 10:42 AM

Manny.

Floyd has yet to fight an opponent with even close to a power-to-speed ratio that Pacquiao has.  All his marquee matches were with guys incredibly past their prime, like De La Hoya.  Mayweather also has zero punching/knockout power.  He doesn't even try.  He reminds me of a poor man's Sugar Ray Leonard, except that Leonard could punch a bit harder.  Leonard would win against physically superior specimens like Hagler and Duran, even though he couldn't out-box them at gunpoint (Leonard's decision over Hagler was arguably the biggest boxing robbery ever).  Mayweather is incredibly similar. 

The big problem I have is that Mayweather is, without question, the best defensive fighter in the middleweight class today, and probably top 3 ever.  He also puts on a show.  Because of this, Pacquiao has to either knock him out, or look so dominating that the cards couldn't possibly split to the favor of Mayweather.

I have faith that he can do it.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 10:53 AM

Clear Floyd.

Manny has already lost twice vs lower ranked fighters & one by knockout, he is not  much younger than Floyd, besides, Floyd is way faster than Manny.

I would love to see Floyd losing a fight tho.......but it won't be this time and perhaps ever.

Eric

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 10:59 AM

I will also pick Manny.As Michael has already said Mayweather is a top notch defensive fighter,but is also boring to watch.Jab Jab runaway,jab jab,sh&t he's got inside me clinch clinch(aka against our own Ricky Hattan) 

I just hope this fight won't be all hype with no substance,as i will be staying up to watch it :) Even though i think it's on around 2am,i'm damm sure i'm not gonna pay to watch it either pfft.

You gonna watch it Stu?

Russell

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 11:09 AM

Mannys toughest fights were with Juan Manuel Marguez, a counter puncher like Floyd, and Floyd beat JM like a drum...

A former FM fan who can't stand his new "Money Mayweather" image, but if Floyd didn't know he could win he wouldn't be fighting....and Manny wants one last big money fight before quitting....

I personally think it is the last fight for both of them if Floyd can afford to support the 50 people hanging on him the rest of their lives....I would like to see manny beat the sh!t out of him but I say floyd not only wins but knocks him out...

Floyd will quit because there are a couple of youngsters just about ready for him that will beat the cr@p out of him, they just don't have any market value yet...

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 2:07 PM

fatdan:

Mannys toughest fights were with Juan Manuel Marguez, a counter puncher like Floyd, and Floyd beat JM like a drum...

Ty m8, I just couldn't remember the mexican guy he lost to by knockout, still remember the fight, Manny was completely lost for long time after the punch.

As you said, both of them are history, big money is what it's all about. After this fight both of them will vanish.

Eric

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 11:08 AM

He also beat Marquez 3 times out of 4*, but nobody remembers that.  Marquez proves that every lucky squirrel finds one nut.

* - Technically the first match was a draw, but anyone with 2 functioning eyes knows that Pacquiao won that fight

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 11:12 AM

fatdan:
    Floyd will quit because there are a couple of youngsters just about ready for him that will beat the cr@p out of him, they just don't have any market value yet...

Being a born and bred Michigan man I admit to being a little biased, but there's an up-and-comer middleweight out of Detroit named Tony Harrison that I'd like to see get some serious consideration and opponents.  I doubt that Mayweather will still be boxing by the time Harrison gets deemed "contender-worthy".

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 11:30 AM

I bet stupid mostly. My heart always gets in my way. I have three $100 bets so far; two brothers, one brother-in-law, and my money is with Manny. It is tragic that Duran is an old man...in his day he would "whack" the snot out of both of them. ;-}

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 11:52 AM

Been a huge fight fan all my life,I have a better than 90% ratio on calling fights correctly,,as much as I would like to see Manny knock the crap out of Floyd this is how I see the fight,Manny will put Floyd on the canvas in the 11th round but Floyd will win by spit decision................rematch in 2016 and Manny will get his revenge by KO in the 10th........

RSS