Help › Forums

The big Fight

Thu, May 7 2015 1:32 AM (105 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 7:14 AM

goldeena:
    i expect to see combat

Aye...I likewise expect it but rarely receive it. With so many rules, three strangers to judge, pundits to comment, rounds to stop and start again controlled by a clock and a referee to do what? All distractions standing in they way of what I wish to see. I say start the fight, get out of the way, and stop the fight when one fighter says "no mas" or is laying cold on his backside.....you know, a fight. ~ SP ~

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 11:53 AM

SweetiePie:

I say start the fight, get out of the way, and stop the fight when one fighter says "no mas" or is laying cold on his backside.....you know, a fight. ~ SP ~

LOL, you have obviously never trained for a fight or worked out using boxing for cardio...

You would be amazed at how fast you get winded even in top condition, even more amazed at how much energy getting hit takes out of you,,,LOL

They might act like it doesn't hurt getting hit to the body but you can be sure their brain is saying "WTF was that, RUNNNNNN, GET THE HE!! OUTA HERE"  LOL

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 1:06 PM

I look forward to the rematch after Pacquiao gets his shoulder fixed.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 1:42 PM

fatdan:
    LOL, you have obviously never trained for a fight or worked out using boxing for cardio

Ha -- point well taken. I do go to the rifle/pistol range weekly and I am handy and skilled with a straight razor I carry in case of a close shave....does that count ?   ;-}

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 2:51 PM

quote user="fatdan"]

quote user="SweetiePie"]

I say start the fight, get out of the way, and stop the fight when one fighter says "no mas" or is laying cold on his backside.....you know, a fight. ~ SP ~

[ quote]LOL, you have obviously never trained for a fight or worked out using boxing for cardio...

You would be amazed at how fast you get winded even in top condition, even more amazed at how much energy getting hit takes out of you,,,LOL

They might act like it doesn't hurt getting hit to the body but you can be sure their brain is saying "WTF was that, RUNNNNNN, GET THE HE!! OUTA HERE"  LOL

obviously youve never trained UFC style.....

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 1:32 AM

Didn't see the fight.  Not a real big fan of boxing.  Instead, I watched a classical music concert that night.  Funny thing, because the conductor mentioned the fight in between performances, saying that both fighters were getting 2.5 million more than he was and that was just for showing up!  Ha! 

RSS