Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT April event: Bethpage

Wed, Apr 29 2015 8:33 PM (88 replies)
  • DJW2307
    13,398 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 3:54 AM

That was emotional lol....Needed to have better course management and keep on fways..Actually putted a lot better than last month and managed 11 single putts from good scrambling...Shame about the rest though...Hopefully get below 80 in the next round with some better play.

Good luck to all giving it a go and especially to the band of Psycho's from UKGE who will be taking part

Cheers

David

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 6:54 AM

I've tried and tried and tried, but I am just getting angry.

I hit a hybrid and it goes 164 into bunker.

I pitch 14 yards and it goes 23 yards

I chip 6 yards and it goes 14 yards

Fvk it enough.

I shot 80 and my stats can go to hell

• eggiesworld
    296 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 6:58 AM

Well finally tried this and I must say you fellas are sick lol. Shot a beautiful 85 :(  Did kinda feel like I was playing real golf the way i play anyway. Thanks for the challenge C. Good luck to the rest of ya.

25 ft putt save me from an 86 :)

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:46 AM

This infrequent uneven lies player is very happy with a 77. Solid course management kept double-bogey off the card, and I even chipped in for birdie on 13 after an unforced error on the layup. Barely missed a couple of putts (3-putt on 17 hurt) that would have made my score even lower.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 1:25 AM

Corwyn:

I tried the course out from the Red (Easy) tees but felt that went too far the other way. 

Yeah , think the only course where easy tees are an option is Olympic . Do we have that on the calender as there are no VT events scheduled there.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 5:47 AM

Apologies everyone if this set-up is too tough... that was not the intention. I will certainly look very, very hard at the tee options from now on. 

@fmagnets: Very sad to hear about the Stats and EZ Swing issues... :(  I've passed the concerns along to Shoe

@Razza: Olympic is most definitely on the calendar for the Tough-It-Out Tour (we couldn't have it any other way! It's such a good UEL course).

In fact, right now it is officially on the schedule, in November:

My intention is to replace the Valhalla and Wolf Creek CCTH courses with Merion and Oakmont. We used RSG instead of Pebble Beach CCTH in Feb.

With the exception of Whistler (which could never be used for either tour), IMO we'll be covering all the best UEL courses (and Chambers Bay and Pebble Beach promise to be outstanding new UEL additions).

bhoese:
    There are prizes to be announced...please post (or at least save) your scorecards and stats!

Only 6 players posting or linking to cards/stats so far... Do remember extra prizes are on offer.

Ben has very kindly stepped up to sponsor the GIR (Highest overall percentage of Greens in Regulation) and Longest Putt made prizes. Thank you Ben!

I'll sponsor the other putting one, Greatest overall total distance made putts and also one for Most Number of 1-Putt Par Saves (as determined by scorecard).

Anyone else want to sponsor a prize? It would be great to have one for Ave. Distance to the Pin, for instance... or whatever takes your fancy!

-------------------------

We are now into the 3rd day of R1, which closes midnight WGT time Wed 4/15.

• Ianzzz
    6,347 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 5:52 AM

Corwyn:

Anyone else want to sponsor a prize? It would be great to have one for Ave. Distance to the Pin, for instance

Thanks as always for setting these up Corwyn

I will happily put a prize up for this one and Ave distance to pin sounds a good idea

Cheers

ian

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 5:56 AM

That's wonderful Ian! Thank you so much :)

• Ianzzz
    6,347 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 9:14 AM

Good fun and Beth was not too bad, as has been said before, it is all about the wedge shots - I think I got the best of my round that was possible except for one stupid downhill putt on 15 - I never expect the ball to stop above the hole with Champ greens, and could not decide which way it was flowing (picked the wrong way, as often !)

Anyway, round 2 still to play and these are fun to see what can be done with all the same equipment.

Ian

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 7:53 PM

I thought the setup was pretty fair, shot a 71 in a practice session and expected better today but a couple of idiot shots and the inability to ding the putter cost me dearly

RSS