Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT April event: Bethpage

Wed, Apr 29 2015 8:33 PM (88 replies)
  • akash1592
    322 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 7:04 AM

Corwyn:
    3  akash1592    lvl85 Vapor Nikes  TBC

I can confirm the L85 Nikes  . thanks .!

Corwyn:
    Most Number of Birdies: akash1592 takes the honor here, with a superb total of 6 birdies. There were so few clear birdie opportunities at Bethpage that Kash came close to taking every one

They were tough indeed ..  deserve a prize for this..:p   aah i'll award a sleeve to myself.. haha

Corwyn:
    No 3-Putts: No fewer than 6 players managed to avoid a 3-putt: bhoese, fmagnets, Corwyn, ColumbusStorm, and AdamK70.

6 players only 5 mentioned.. i am the invisible one, thx for the honor. :)

Corwyn:
    Next up is Congressional in mid-late May. Dates that I'm looking at right now are Thu 5/14-Wed 5/20 for R1 and Thu 5/21-Wed 5/27 for R2.

Really looking forward to Congr., if we are going from tips might have to lay-up on red tee boxes on some ;-)

Corwyn:
    Ryder Cup (also at Congo?) perhaps between Sat 5/16 and Fri 5/29.

I might be really tight on schedule in that period, but i will surely let you know about it.

Lastly, thanks for setting up these TIO tourneys Corwyn.. Enjoying them, its fun to test your skills from time to time, knowing i have chance to finish in top 5 without 12 birds in my round..!!

tc

~ kash

• papagrasutu
    2,465 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 9:30 AM

Corwyn, this is getting more popular with the FAPC, I'm sure we could put a team together.  

• Ianzzz
    6,347 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 12:13 PM

Nikes sent to Kash for the Ave distance prize.

Many thanks again for excellent organising and overseeing, Corwyn, brilliant job and well done to all who finished as well as the top scores.

Look forward to next month, these are good fun !

Ian

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 1:42 PM

Corwyn:
     FluffyGreens    Max Slow Meter Pro
    - TYVM

Only found the competition looking for the UEL Ryder Cup thread, glad I did it makes a refreshing change.

I'll take more care posting the scorecards next month -_-

Thanks again.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:27 AM

@Kash: well spotted! Error fixed, thank you.

@Ian: Thank you so much for the sponsorship, Ian, and for taking care of the prize so quickly.

@papagratsu: I wasn't thinking of this as a CC event, but rather a USA v ROW (on same format as the UEL Ryder Cup), but a cc version would certainly be fun. Food for thought for the future...

@Fluffy: So glad to hear you're enjoying Tough-It-Out, Fluffy! I've no doubt your overall stats would have been might impressive  this time: 142 was a great score.

The UEL Ryder Cup thread is here: are you thinking of trying to qualify? I can add your name to the team candidates (presumably for the ROW team with your British flag?).

And congrats on your impressive 61 at BoH this week!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:39 PM

Prizes Update:

Top 5 finishers have now all confirmed their prize of choice, so I'll forward that list on to Shoe. Thanks!

LEADERBOARD PRIZES:

WGTdbloshoe very kindly offered a sleeve prize to each of the top 5 finishers on the final leaderboard. They are:

1  bhoese        lvl61 Nikes CONFIRMED

2  FluffyGreens    Max Slow Meter Pro  CONFIRMED

3  akash1592    lvl85 Vapor Nikes  CONFIRMED

4  mmyers0    lvl61 Nikes  CONFIRMED

4  fmagnets    Blue&White Stand Plus Golf Bag   CONFIRMED

SPECIAL PRIZES:

Longest putt made.  SPONSOR: bhoese    WINNER: bhoese  lvl61 Nikes

Number of saves.  SPONSOR: Corwyn      WINNER: bhoese  lvl61 Nikes SENT

Highest % of GIR SPONSOR: bhoese   WINNER: mmyers0   lvl61 Nikes  SENT

Ave.DistancetoHole  SPONSOR: Ianzzz  WINNER: akash1592  lvl85 Vapor Nikes SENT

Total distance puttsSPONSOR: Corwyn    WINNER: bhoese   lvl61 Nikes SENT

Edit: Ben is back today from a vacation, and I see sent his sponsored prize out to mm tonight. So all the special prizes are taken care of (assuming Ben sends himself a sleeve for Longest putt made!).

Thank you to all the sponsors!

• Ianzzz
    6,347 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:22 AM

Corwyn:

So all the special prizes are taken care of (assuming Ben sends himself a sleeve for Longest putt made!).

Hi Corwyn

No fun in winning a prize and having to give it to yourself so I have sent him a sleeve instead - hope this is ok !

Ian

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 11:10 AM

Of course that's OK! That's really nice of you, Ian. Thank you!!!

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 8:33 PM

Thank you very much Ian!  I'll sponsor an extra sleeve next month.  Hopefully we can come up with a category that isn't especially likely to be won by a top 5 finisher...a few of us brought home almost all of the loot this month.

RSS