Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT April event: Bethpage

Wed, Apr 29 2015 8:33 PM (88 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:35 AM

I was able to enter using the link in the reminder email that WGT sent for the 2nd round. But after deleting and clearing the usual stuff I can now see the links and tournament pages again.

75 for me. I felt I hit the ball much better than the first round, but just didn't create many good chances this time round. More holes were out of range, fewer greens were holdable, which I guess is down to the longer tees and a harder wind set. I also missed a couple of good chances with the putter and took 3 to get down too many times. Still, more pleased with this round having been frustrated at the first one - silly game!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:07 AM

Well, I did get the same problem happen to me on next log-in... but same as with Mags, it went away after clearing Flash and browser cache.

Wind and greens were supposed to be easier this round, Mags. But as you say, golf is a silly game!

------------------------------------------

Here is my belated report from an unimpressive R1 (completed last night): pin & wind conditions indicated after each hole#

I might have been luckier with the wind directions on key holes, but really I just wasn't sharp enough on the shots that mattered, and couldn't get anything going with the putter.

#1 F : 17@800 dinged D aim R-side almost went into left rough, dinged 2nd but went further left than expected into rough; flop a little short but made 5ft save. PAR

#2  F : 14@230 dingedD but flew way right, dinged 2nd but just too long for bounce on, through to rough at back; nice distance on flop and sunk 5ft save. PAR

#3 B : horrible 15@300 wind dinged 190fbs but as expected, ended up in right rough, tiny pull on flop that otherwise might have gone in. Tap-in PAR

#4 F : bad 19@830 wind Dinged D, no chance to get close; dinged 32ft putt but too high on read. PAR

#5 L : 17@330 Too short on 2nd lay-up to have 90 club, and then misjudged attempted choke 110fbs too short: bounced out of thick rough through to back. Impossible to stop flop shot from there but got it to land in fringe and stop 8ft past, which I made for  BOGEY

#6  B : awful 15@1230 wind dinged3w 230 to hold fairway went, dinged 2nd but miles short, total misjudgment; left wedge 4yds short right and just caught left-edge of cup with 11ft putt. PAR

#7 R : 16@200 dingedD just cleared rough hit 2nd 216 to leave 50 & black-box lie; tough shot over bunker pulled a little, and just overborrowed 13ft par save try (too soft anyway) BOGEY

#8 F : 17@745 Worst shot of the round when it mattered most: slight pull off the tee into disaster lie in left rough; pitch out went 3yds long left, and just underborrowed again. Clumsy bogey and feeling of perhaps 2 shots lost.  BOGEY

#9  R : 17@400 dingedD went right into rough! dinged 2nd lay-up left 70, not bad 3rd and made 7ft save. PAR

#10  B : 19@1045 D and lay-up both black-box lies but 84out, between clubs, tried 70fts but pulled it 5yds short left. Missed 15ft well left. BOGEY

#11  L : 19@600 dingedD, hit 3H lay-up to 44, dinged 3rd got up on top of shelf 5ft left  and made good tricky downhill curler. PAR

#12 F :  19@715 dingedD >205 Could barely reach, but afraid of short-siding myself pushed it instead! nice flop to 1yd for save. PAR

#13 F : 15@900 dingedD, 2nd 3W to 46, 3rd landed pin-high but 3 long, got the read right on the 9.4ft downhill trickler  BIRDIE

#14 B : 18@400 lousy pull left it well short 5yds, but I was celebrating making this one, when suddenly I hadn't, lol. Another good opportunity wasted.  PAR

#15 F : 17@1030 pulled D into 30-40, poor 2nd 58 out, played 70 near fbs and made it comfortably too far in fact rolled back 3yds below; but a terrible pull on 10ft par putt, ugh BOGEY

#16 R : 17@300 able to thread it through gap and reach green just with 3W: GIR!!!  good lag from 46ft for PAR

#17  L : awful 15@100 wind. Lost patience here, and got greedy, trying ambitious shot to bounce through front rough, pushed it and was short in bunker, from which I barely got out first try, and then left pitch from deep rough short; sunk resulting 5ft putt for BOGEY

#18 R : 16@600 dingedD, 2nd about as good as possible landing front fringe and rolling up to 12yds; dinged attempt from 36ft but too hard and left (tough to read the long ones with slow putt green dots. Saved from 4.6ft. PAR

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 1:38 PM

Ugly round, thanks to the inability to make key par putts, and a triple after going in the bunker on 14. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:26 PM

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:32 PM

Let me know if u can see these ok,

I right clicked and view in new tab and hit the magnifier - ok

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:39 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Nope... all I get is the little symbol showing an image should be there, but I can't right-click it. I can find it by replying, then quoting your post, then viewing the html to identify your link.

Is it possible that you're copying the "Link" on the post.image.org page after uploading it... ? Instead try copying from the "Direct Link" button, and use that url when placing it here in the forum.

• AdamK70
    433 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 3:23 AM

Happy with my first 9, fell apart in the back 9, still enjoyed the tournament.

Thanks again Corwyn for running these.

Adam

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 10:49 AM

76 with a longest putt of under 10 feet.

So many close shaves.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 11:02 AM

Hi 1i,

Your first image displays properly... but the rest are the same as before. Did you try my suggestion? And did you do anything different with the first one?

Or is this just another symptom of the fun we're all having with WGT right now!

P.S. Bad luck on the putting. I know how you feel with the close shaves!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 11:52 AM

RSS