Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT March event: Kiawah

Sat, Apr 4 2015 12:18 AM (134 replies)
  • JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:44 AM

Corwyn:
    Anyone want to sponsor any sleeves for prizes?

I will give a sleeve of balls for:

4) Highest overall percentage of Greens in Regulation

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:59 AM

Stupid question on my part...(and I cant wait to try this btw)..how do we prove starter everything is in the bag?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:31 AM

@BK: these are restricted-equipment events. Shoe sets them up in the system in such a way that no-one can enter without the right gear already in the bag. When you hit the Play Now button on the Tournament link page (and you're not properly equipped), you get this pop-up in your game client (it doesn't actually tell what clubs you need, but that's on the Tournament Leaderboard and Info page).

Has anyone tried to play yet? I'm not seeing any scores posted on the leaderboard so far. I just wanted to be sure it was all working correctly.

----------------------

And thank you to Ben and Joe for your generous prize sponsorships! Very much appreciated!!!

Also, please do help spread the word in your cc's. Perhaps we can get it up to 100 entries this month!

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:35 AM

Thanks C....and YES playing now.....really holds up to the name "Tough It Out"...I don't wanna say anything, as you each need to discover it for yourselves :)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 10:36 AM

I seem to remember that Kiawah is one of,  if not the hardest courses in TIO format.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 11:42 AM

You know, 1i, I've disliked Kiawah in general for most of my time here (especially the greens, lol), so I've tended to omit it for TIO events. It's not been in the line-up for any of the official TIO 4-round tourneys (i.e. the ones played with playing partners).

It was part of mnshiner's Best-Ball tourney March Madness 2 years ago, with similar conditions (T12 greens instead of our Champ13 for the High wind round from the White Medium tees). Here's a link to scorecards from that round.

With some absurdly lucky putting (206ft total distance made putts!) I managed a 68 that day. Only 3 players broke par.

-------

Note though, that for this month's event, we are not using the tips for either round, which theoretically makes this a much easier month than normal, lol. Hole #4 pretty much ruled out the tips, as you need a healthy tailwind to reach the first fairway with Starters, and there's nowhere to bail out.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 12:08 PM

R1 :: Tue 3/10 to Mon 3/16 ::

18 holes; Kiawah IslandRed (Hard) tees,

was their a mistake made by shoe? because im playing from champ tees atm and its not fun not reaching half of these fairways from the tee..

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 12:44 PM

Hmmm... rats! That's not good. 

Can you share a screenshot (from a teebox or a scorecard)?

It was definitely supposed to be the set-up as indicated in the opening post... and as I said above, I didn't want to use the tips this time precisely because of the problem of not being able to reach certain fairways.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 12:45 PM

devonnnnn:

R1 :: Tue 3/10 to Mon 3/16 ::

18 holes; Kiawah IslandRed (Hard) tees,

was their a mistake made by shoe? because im playing from champ tees atm and its not fun not reaching half of these fairways from the tee..

Yeah. Just had a practice round and some of the fairways, even without headwind, cant be reached.

Not complaining though, just saying :)

Thoughts about this Corwyn?

Just saw your answer so nevermind :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 12:52 PM

I've just PM'd Shoe to ask what happened. 

If it was set-up wrong, I'm hoping he can cancel out this tourney, and start it over with the correct tees in place.

Edit: 3 scores posted now, from strong players, all in the mid-80s. Sorry folks, this is not what this event is supposed to be. Please hold off playing for now, and hopefully we can scratch this, and start again.

RSS