Forums

Help › Forums

Do we need L100 nikes etc ? .....

Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:56 AM (67 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 12:06 PM

Sorry to disagree Andy : )

To me meter speed is crucial to get more dings. The more dings & get in a round, the better the score. I wish the game was more difficult tho, I have always been saying that, but it gets easier & easier unfortunately.

I use the Taylor Made R1 driver, Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood and the cleveland wedges with meter speed at 3.5 but I got the R11 irons with 2.5 meter speed.

I certainly hit dings often with the 3.5 meter speed and sometimes NOT A SINGLE ding with the 2.5 meter speed in any 9 or 18 holes round. Ding is king.... in my game.

I play the R11 irons because I cannot play anything better with slower meter at level 96. I am positive I will never reach level 100 because I play less & less this game.

Eric

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 2:49 PM

LOLserver:

To me meter speed is crucial to get more dings. The more dings & get in a round, the better the score. I wish the game was more difficult tho, I have always been saying that, but it gets easier & easier unfortunately.

I use the Taylor Made R1 driver, Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood and the cleveland wedges with meter speed at 3.5 but I got the R11 irons with 2.5 meter speed.

I certainly hit dings often with the 3.5 meter speed and sometimes NOT A SINGLE ding with the 2.5 meter speed in any 9 or 18 holes round. Ding is king.... in my game.

I play the R11 irons because I cannot play anything better with slower meter at level 86. I am positive I will never reach level 100 because I play less & less this game.

Eric

Exactly my point Eric, as a fellow TL I don't see why you should not have the same equipment as me.  I have the L100 nikes and I can assure you they are a big step up from the R11s - a slower meter does mean more dings.

I don't see why people can't practice what they preach, and if there are no differences in the clubs why is it the L100s in their bag?   You can draw your own conclusions - I'm done on this subject.

And btw excellent shooting from all the guys at the top of the board in question.

Stay classy everyone.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 2:53 PM

LOLserver:

NW's Eric, a sensible discourse never goes amiss... :)

LOLserver:

but I got the R11 irons with 2.5 meter speed.

Try to ding 95% of my shots too, had the L77 burners coupled with L33 Callys till just before TL ( no forgiveness with those irons ) and meter speed was not an issue.

LOLserver:
    I play the R11 irons because I cannot play anything better with slower meter

I play them because I'm too lazy to learn new yardages :)))

1st bought the Max ball when got R11s...soo used to the combo now !

Andy ( where's my fookin extra dot o spin WGT ? )

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:01 PM

sarak362336:
    Exactly my point Eric, as a fellow TL I don't see why you should not have the same equipment as me.

That was NOT the point you were making " Napoleon " !!!

Have some self respect FFS girl??

Andy ( aka Boxer )

^^, hey, you brought Animal Farm up :)))

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:17 PM

Geez - Napoleon?   that is harsh!   Thinking more of Snowball myself......     ;-)))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:23 PM

sarak362336:
    Thinking more of Snowball myself......     ;-)))

Snowball was a MALE !! 

Glad to see you got that outta ya system ;-))

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:26 PM

So was Napoleon !!!!   ;-))))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:29 PM

sarak362336:

So was Napoleon !!!!   ;-))))

Yea but, no but......Snowball was your idea ?

Anyway, a ball buster like you deserves a male moniker :)))

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 4:48 PM

sarak362336:
    a slower meter does mean more dings.

That is subjective..

Never thought I would say it, but the L100s were just a little too slow for me.  

All good as teh extra spin they have let me drop fairly seamlessly to L81 ball from the L90 ball.  Even the L81 ball seemed still a little fast, but still all good as teh L71 ball was available.  For me that is my current preferred combo.

All that said I bang on about a new tier as way of giving good people (players) like LS a route to get the pro shop open by level 96.  Loads on that elsewhere, but I do think the levels system looks very tired for good (can and do play real tees) TLs.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 1:55 AM

Jimbog1964:

All that said I bang on about a new tier as way of giving good people (players) like LS a route to get the pro shop open by level 96. 

Thanks m8.

Hey WGT there have been offers to buy the level 98 driver R1 at level 94.... is there any offer to buy the NIKE Vapor Iron Set (L100+) at level 96/97 coming soon?

My brain can't couple with the 2.5 meter speed of the R11 irons any longer & I hit ZERO dings most of the rounds.

Eric

RSS