Forums

Help › Forums

Do we need L100 nikes etc ? .....

Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:56 AM (67 replies)
  • sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:53 PM

DAZZA501:

My thoughts exactly Andy. So many players think this top equipment thats higher than their level will make them shoot better. In all honesty, it doesn't.

Level 90 to get the R11 irons is all you need to be at to compete in this game.

Wonderful words of wisdom, just beggars the question why are you using the level100 Nikes if there is no advantage?

Rather stinks of Animal Farm this - we're all equal ........

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:01 AM

sarak362336:

DAZZA501:

My thoughts exactly Andy. So many players think this top equipment thats higher than their level will make them shoot better. In all honesty, it doesn't.

Wonderful words of wisdom, just beggars the question why are you using the level100 Nikes if there is no advantage?

Coz we are insanely bored and desperate for anything new!!

It doesn't seem to affect these players, http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/296585.aspx?PageIndex=1

Peace,

Liz

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:16 AM

ISH47:

If they'll reissue those R11's with a 3.5 meter like they did the CG's I'll be happy. Short of that, I'll have to stick with what I have for a few years.

Fair comment.  Everyone is different as well etc..

Wonder if they added say .5 extra to the meter slowness on say your L61 Nike ball if that would help get you in to the L90 R11s, and at least let feel you have more of  a level footing sooner (L97 is a long time).  Guess more cost, but hopefully not a raging bull extra charge (maybe)...kind of halfway to the max ball speed ..........Can't see how that would rock any boats too much, just a bit of extra choice thinking it through too quick probably :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:59 AM

Lizard69:

How true is this.

I must admit the slow meter is good for slow old brains ....lol

-Roger

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:12 AM

pete3572:

I do not see what difference any clubs make after L90 as the game is manipulated and screwed a lot of the time. I have the Nike L97 forged irons , I use RZN Black balls L90, my shots  go way off target most of the time, also the distances do not add up , if i am say 35yrs from the pin and i hit straight shot 33yrds it will always  be 1 yrd out  and say  3yrds from hole after i have landed on green.  Its all wgt's  way of trying to screw money out of people although I spend very little on this game now.

LMFAO, the only surprise is that one of these guysdidn't turn up until page two.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:27 AM

DAZZA501:

Ah yes, progress. When I started all you needed to compete was a game and desire. No levels, 2 tiers, no ads, same wind, Kiawah F-9, Kiawah & Bali Hai ctth, no clubs or balls for sale, one green speed, one meter speed. It was pure. But the need of revenue for wgt has brought us to this question, and kept many of us still whacking away.  ~ SP ~

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:28 AM

mantis0014:

Lizard69:

How true is this.

I must admit the slow meter is good for slow old brains ....lol

-Roger

There is that bit too, I still cant ding em enough tho, not sure anything but Max balls would help me now lol

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:08 AM

Personal stuff of course:)

I can't ding anything enough, lol, but perhaps strangely the one thing the L100s never helped with was dinging I found out.

The pretty slow mo L90 ball, and L97 irons I thought was great.  The L100 irons I was consistently premature,though lol.  Maybe that's just age finally wielding it's unfair distribution of youth, nut for sure the time I ever thought slower was not always better. 

The L100 irons have seen me pare back to the L71 ball speed for my preferred overall combo speed, whilst still offering the attributes I like.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:16 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Wonder if they added say .5 extra to the meter slowness on say your L61 Nike ball

Hell no.. lol.. Leave my 61's alone!!  

The cost isn't a factor so much.. I've just found a happy place with my ball/club combo at 3.5 meter for both. I'm hitting more dings than ever and just don't want to rock my boat.

I've tried the 4.0 Nike level 90's too and I don't like that much spin on my ball. The Max balls paired with the R11's would be .5 slower overall than my current combo but my limited experience with the Max hasn't been enjoyable and they play so differently that the transition would be brutal I suspect.

Listen, if I really thought the R11's would make me a better player I'd find a way to do it but with my bad eyes and reflexes it's just not likely to happen. Plus, I really like my 61's and don't want to change. :)

Edit:  A free rental w/e would sort this out for me once and for all.. I'll give the R11's a go then.

RSS