Forums

Help › Forums

Do we need L100 nikes etc ? .....

Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:56 AM (67 replies)
  • dbadeaux
    759 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 4:07 AM

I've always hoped that clubs would be available according to a players tier.  Tour Legend being the highest tier, a player who has reached that tier should be able to purchase any club offered in the pro shop.

Levels should be rewarded with the ability to purchase balls with a longer life span.  Players who have achieved level 100 and above have indeed put in the time and money to be able to purchase balls that will last a good bit longer regardless of their tier.  Anyone who reaches level 120 or higher should be able to purchase balls that NEVER lose life (but if it gets hit in the water, it's a goner!).

I'm at level 97 and a Tour Legend.  I purchased the level 100 Nike Vapor Irons as a gift.  I doubt I will ever be able to purchase a set of those irons for myself.  Skill wise, I'm probably in the lower half of tour legends.  Do I think higher level clubs might help me to improve my game?...Sure I do.  Even if it's simply psychological.

Duke

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:14 AM

dbadeaux:

I'm at level 97 and a Tour Legend.  I purchased the level 100 Nike Vapor Irons as a gift.

How did you do that?  Purchase as a gift?

Warren

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:19 AM

Read better along following with your finger, he says :

" I doubt I will ever be able to purchase a set of those irons for myself."

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:22 AM

alberich35:
    Read better along following with your finger

Move that finger to the sentence directly before that one and you'll see he says " I purchased the level 100 Nike Vapor Irons as a gift. " That is what Warren is questioning and I am curious how he could do that, too.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:36 AM

Hmmm.

May be my english is too bad, but when you purchase (acheter en français), you pay for the item that is intended for you, the cat, a friend or the trash bin no ?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:10 AM

He is not allowed to wear it now (I suppose) and he is not wearing it. 

No idea how the rules work but, is he allowed to receive gifts that are above his level and can only be used for a player with a higher level?

Perhaps someone can clarify on that!? : )

I would love to wear those as soon as possible indeed : )

Eric

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:33 AM

If your level is not high enough to buy it for yourself, how can you buy it for a gift? A level 97 buying a level 100 item hasn't been an option in the past.

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:54 AM

A level 1 Hack could buy level 100 equipment. But it would have to be a gift for a level 100+ player.

Back to the original question. The level 100 irons are needed for WGT to entice me to abandon my current Max Meter clubs. To complement the irons I would need new speed 3.5 wedges and a driver. With the even faster equipment available so far I just prefer the set of compromises I get with the Max meter clubs. They work quite well with the cheap GI2-D balls once you get sufficiently used to them.

I just lost a lot of Callaway balls trying to improve my -3 result in a Merion back 9 country club tournament. I am not sure I even equalized the -3 I repeatedly got with the GI2-D balls. But I never had a chance to improve it with the Callawaysw. With the GI2-D balls I had a lot of chances for a -4 or -5 round. 

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:12 AM

YankeeJim:

If your level is not high enough to buy it for yourself, how can you buy it for a gift? A level 97 buying a level 100 item hasn't been an option in the past.

You have always been allowed to gift any level club to anyone as long as that person is at the level required.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:17 AM

YankeeJim:

I am not questioning his post Jim (none of my business), I am asking if it is possible to RECEIVE GIFTS with equipment higher then you own level?

If so, I suppose it is not possible to use it until you reach the level that matches the equipment level....right?

Eric

AndreasHelke:

Back to the original question. The level 100 irons are needed for WGT to entice me to abandon my current Max Meter clubs. To complement the irons I would need new speed 3.5 wedges and a driver. With the even faster equipment available so far I just prefer the set of compromises I get with the Max meter clubs. They work quite well with the cheap GI2-D balls once you get sufficiently used to them.

I understand, the trick is to find the right speed suitable for your reflexes, probably matching equipment vs balls meter speed.

I got two different speeds in my equipment (3 if I include the putter), however, everytime I hit with the 2,5 speed after having hit with the 3.5 speed I can see I'm in trouble! (rhythm if you call it)... and 90% of the times I hit late no matter how many times I try the swing. If I try to "catch" the faster meter I then hit early : /.

Well, getting bloody old anyways....lol

Eric

RSS