Thu, Jun 4 2015 2:42 PM (98 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 11:24 AM

I'm sure you're right, mm  :)

------------------------------------------------

UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay :: Team Standings:  after week 12 tourney

see second post page 1 above for explanation of how these spreadsheets work

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk12 results at Royal St. George's in the UEL Spring 2015 Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'm fairly sure I captured every player that declared an interest in qualification (via earlier posts here, or in the Spring Tour thread, or via PMs to myself) but please make sure.

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets (Team USA  | Team ROW), or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

Team USA: qualification standings after wk12 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk12 tourney

Obviously, it's really early days, but for Team USA, mainstays icon and fredsf are currently out of the team slots.

Competition for places on Team ROW looks as if it will be extremely intense, with strong newcomers Adalanar, duffputt, Matildalgaly, Tgkomv, Andivo, liam91, and DJW2307 all battling Ryder Cup veterans for places. Currently, neither of the Teutonic Two (FairwayRuepel68 and johehejo, a potent duo in prior Ryder Cups for Team ROW) have places in the line-up.

FYI: My plan is to update the spreadsheet at least once weekly, after the credits have been allocated for the prior tourney (I may also update on Monday, right after the tourney closes). And the hope is to make a post like this every week with screenshots for those that can't access the google doc.

• baggepance
    314 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 5:09 AM

just heard about this....like to be included if its not too late now

• frenchconnect
    832 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 12:28 PM

baggepance:

x2

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 9:32 PM

frenchconnect:

baggepance:

x2

Welcome aboard!  I hope you both are trying for Team USA.

Most of the places on the teams are determined by using the best 9 of the 12 rounds.  There are nine rounds left beginning this week, so if you two each have one round in already, you still have a score each to burn.  

And of course, if anybody else wants to give it a shot this is the last week that you can start and still get a full nine rounds in.  It is possible to qualify with fewer rounds, but it gets harder every week.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 5:08 PM

Great to see 2 more players vying for a spot on the USA Team (I too am assuming that both baggepance and frenchconnect will try for Team USA, and have added both your names to the list of Ryder Cup candidates so that the spreadsheet includes you in the running for team places).

------------------------------------------------

UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay :: Team Standings:  after week 13 tourney

see second post page 1 above for explanation of how these spreadsheets work

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk13 results at St Andrews in the UEL Spring 2015 Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'm fairly sure I captured every player that declared an interest in qualification (via earlier posts here, or in the Spring Tour thread, or via PMs to myself) but please make sure.

Also, the spreadsheet is misbehaving at times -- I suspect it's so slow that it doesn't fully update every cell calculation while I have it open, and that can lead to certain data not being included when it sorts standings -- so please check that your own results look right. This google doc spreadsheet is truly tortuously slow to run: any techies who could give me some tips please do! I'm using Chrome on a Mac running OS X 10.6.8)

Click on links to go straight to respective spreadsheets (Team USA  | Team ROW), or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

Team USA: qualification standings after wk13 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk13 tourney

With 3 weeks now gone, this is the last week any new players can participate and still have a full 9 events (out of 12) count towards the final standings... so don't delay any longer!

For Team USA, the addition of baggepance, frenchconnect, and also Shankette makes the competition for places much more intense! Icon: you're going to have to work!!!

For Team ROW. Saurabh08 has had a superb start to the Tour, and has the edge of Mags right now in the TL credit standings. Corwyn has opened up with a big lead in the Legend credit standings. FairwayRuepel68 had a strong week to push into the automatic places, along with Dazza, Daskino, Priestess, duffputt and KonradOse. The final place, as it stands after just 3 events, is being closely fought-over between Matildalgaly and Tgkomv (who are tied for the last Relative to Par slot), with Adalanar and JoeMaverick a single shot behind. It promises to be an extremely strong line-up!

Good luck this week at Merion!

• frenchconnect
    832 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 7:58 PM

Yes, I am trying for team USA. Thanks

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2015 12:04 PM

Thanks Frenchconnect. As you can see from the table above, you're included in the running, and right now, would qualify based on your relative to par standing.

Corwyn:
    With 3 weeks now gone, this is the last week any new players can participate and still have a full 9 events (out of 12) count towards the final standings... so don't delay any longer!

Just a bump for this thread... to remind anyone still wanting to be a part of the Tour and in particular, hoping to make one of the teams.

The best 9 (out of 12 qualifying events) count towards team qualification, so this is the last week any new players can join in.

12 hours left today to play the wk14 single-play UEL @ Merion! Good luck!!!

• Legaci
    205 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2015 5:12 PM

I'll give qualifying for the ROTW team a shot Corwyn, thanks !

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:28 AM

Legaci:

Just an fyi, I'm not attempting to recruit you away from the ROW team.

There is a precedent for players from Canada to play on the USA team. The USA team generally consists of players with an affinity to North American. However it is totally up to you on which team your affinity lies.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2015 9:30 AM

ColumbusStorm:

Legaci:

Just an fyi, I'm not attempting to recruit you away from the ROW team.

There is a precedent for players from Canada to play on the USA team. The USA team generally consists of players with an affinity to North American. However it is totally up to you on which team your affinity lies.

And it will be much easier to qualify for team USA than for team ROW :p

RSS