Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay: Sep2015: Qualification Thread

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2015 2:42 PM (98 replies)
  • mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:36 PM

Might more interested players get involved if it were the weekly 9 hole tournament instead of a full 18? I for one don't play many full rounds in a typical week, and this series does eat up quite a bit.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:15 PM

For me, the UEL Tour is, and always has been, a test of all the holes, on as many courses as WGT sees fit to give us of the full rotation.

Since we are typically playing the new course in the RC event, the intent is to establish who the best all-round players are. Hence, the desire to get as complete as possible a test of all-round skill as our qualifying method.

In my opinion, 9 holes just doesn't cut it. It's not a true test. Stamina (in so far as that exists in a virtual game) is a key component, and one's ability to ride the ups and downs of a tough round and still come out the other side is the best part of this game.

So, no, I don't plan on including 9-hole tourneys. Sorry!

--------------

Re-reading the above, it does occur to me that with the willingness of Icon and Shoe to set up dedicated tournaments, it may be possible in the future to incorporate a one-off additional qualifying event (involving single-play rounds) nearer to the time of final team selection. It might be a way of addressing the concerns of captain's picks and finding in-form players. It could even be a good way of establishing an order for alternates (as the current method is sometimes flawed to place people in order of Tour finish, when those individuals may have had very limited participation.)

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:13 PM

i'm starting to enjoy playing on the slopes so i'd like to be included and try to qualify

ROW

Mike

• Andivo
    830 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:19 PM

I'd love to participate

Ciao a tutti
    Andivo (Federico)

• tygerjr
    722 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 7:20 AM

team u.s.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:09 AM

Will try to qualify

Rookie 1i

RoW

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 11:06 AM

I will not be trying too qualify for the Ruder cup this time around guys. I've had my fun times with it however its not for me anymore :) good luck too everyone that does try too qualify and I will be cheering USA on!

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 3:34 AM

Count me in Corwyn

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:40 AM

Will have a go. ROW for me obviously.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 8:24 AM

Hey friends! Today is the starting day for this great event that the Ryder cup qualifying tour is. Good luck to everyone in the next 12 weeks.

Let's build a damn strong Team USA as ROW is and give the change back to these fellows at Chambers Bay.

GOOOOOOOD LUUUUUUCK!!!!

RSS