Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay: Sep2015: Qualification Thread

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2015 2:42 PM (98 replies)
  • Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 7:38 AM

JoeMaverick:
    No luck for Daskino, but nice for Duffputt.

Oh, that's golf. I played too many bad rounds into this qualifier session, so I deserved to be out of the automatic spots. No complains at all but my overall game. :)

Congrats to the new ROW Team! Everyone of you did an amazing job!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:40 PM

Corwyn:
    I will check all this in the morning, but I think Daskino is going to just miss out on the automatic spot.

FYI all: I have updated the spreadsheet this morning, including provisional credits results for the wk22 tourney, and it did turn out as I expected with the final automatic qualifying place for the ROW team coming down to a tiebreak between Daskino and duffputt, with duffputt taking it by a mere 2 strokes across all 12 qualifying events.

I'll add the pics, etc for results from wk22 at St. Andrews asap.

The Tour Spreadsheet is here, including provisional credits totals for wk22, even though the tourney is not yet closed out officially.

Follow these links to go straight to team qualification info: Team USA  | Team ROW

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:49 PM

Well done Corwyn for another superbly run series. Congratulations to all that qualified, especially Joe with an excellent last gasp finish.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:49 PM

Uhh, close one it seems. If I'm in it will be fun to play the uneven ryder cup.

Thumps up for all the work Corwyn has done.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:40 PM

fmagnets:

Well done Corwyn for another superbly run series. Congratulations to all that qualified, especially Joe with an excellent last gasp finish.

Thank you very much. From wk18 to wk21 I've practiced a lot before playing the round. I knew especially well Kiawah thanks to an UEL 50 cr RG. it's maybe the course where I have the highest number of UEL notes (with OLY). That has helped me a lot.

See you all in September! 

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 1:45 AM

Great work from Corwyn doing all this! 

Congratz to all players that qualified, well done!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:48 PM

Corwyn:
    The Tour Spreadsheet is here, including provisional credits totals for wk22, even though the tourney is not yet closed out officially.

Follow these links to go straight to team qualification info: Team USA  | Team ROW

As mentioned in the Spring UEL Tour thread, wk22 did get closed out sometime yesterday, and the provisional credit totals were spot on. Now that it has closed, I can also do the wrap up post here:

UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay :: Final Team Standings:  after week 22 tourney at St Andrews

see post above for explanation of how these spreadsheets work

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk22 results at St Andrews in the Spring 2015 UEL Tour. Please check that everything is correct. Note: to be a part of this qualification process you just had to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney (and shoot par or better, or finish with a credit prize), and then indicate your intent to try and make whichever team.

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets, or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team USA: FINAL Qualification standings after wk22 tourney

For the third consecutive Ryder Cup, bhoese secured his spot on the USA team by virtue of being the leading player from their country in the TL tier credit standings. He's joined in the second place on the team by akash1592, who was the leading US credit winner in L tier.

The next 4 spots go to the next best placed players in the best 9 finishes in the combined Credit standings. They are: mmyers0, GolferDadRBDaveDwingdale and Shankette.

The final 4 automatic spots go to the next best placed players in the best 9 scores combined Relative to Par standings. They are ColumbusStorm (US team captain), frenchconnect, Wesdogg75, and fredsf.

The USA team is made up of these 8 TLs and 2 L players, with 2 captain's picks to be made closer to the event.

On the US side, players unlucky to miss automatic qualification include KyRock75 who was only 37cr behind a place in the best9 credits standings and 2 strokes behind Fred in the relative to par standings. BigKnight was the next closest challenger, some 8 strokes behind Fred.

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk22 tourney

Things were much more dramatic in the ROW Team qualification, with half a dozen challengers for automatic spots battling it out intensely over the closing weeks. 

fmagnets and Corwyn secure their slots on the ROW team by virtue of being the leading players in the TL and L tier credit standings respectively (indeed, they both won their Tours by comfortable margins. Congrats!). Mags had a huge 834cr margin over next placed player Saurabh, while Corwyn was clear of US player akash1592 in 2nd by 518cr.

The next 4 spots go to the next best placed players in the best 9 finishes in the combined credit standings: Saurabh08KonradOse, Priestess, and JoeMaverick fill those positions. Saurabh08 had gotten off to a fantastic start in the Tour, leading for the first few weeks, until he faded a little but held a comfortable 2nd place finish in the TL tier. Special mention must go to JoeMaverick, whose place on the team was far from secure, when he came up with a superb close to the season, with 2nd place finishes in the last 2 weeks. duffputt had won in the third to last week; johehejo had won in the second to last week, and both challenged hard for the last spot in this category... but it still looked likely that second placed ROW Legend tier player FluffyGreens would hold on to her qualifying spot. A stumble in the last 2 weeks cost her dearly, and Joe's high finishes brought in enough credits to overtake her by just 77cr.

The final 4 spots go to the next best placed players in the best 9 scores in the combined relative to par standings: they are FairwayRuepel68, Legaci, johehejo.... and duffputt. FairwayRuepel68 and Legaci both topped the magic -100 mark, while johehejo's strong Tour finish let him rise rapidly up the standings to squeeze in by 1 stroke ahead of two players tied on -95.

duffputt was one of these: he had been impressively consistent throughout the Tour and seemed a certainty to qualify especially after his wk20 win at RSG. However, the best9 worked against him, his solid regular scoring not as strong as others' spectacular good weeks. The other player tied on -95 was Daskino, who had also seemed a sure bet to qualify throughout... indeed, he was in an automatic spot every week until the last. A poor final round at St A's cost him dearly: 1 shot better would have been enough to qualify. Instead his tie with duffputt led to our first-ever tiebreak: it went to the overall Relative to Par scores between the two (see bottom part of pic above) and duffputt prevailed by a mere 2 strokes over the 12 tourneys.

The ROW team is made up of these 9 TL and 1 L players, with 2 captain's picks to be made closer to the event.

Other outstanding ROW players came close to automatic qualification, most notably MatildaIgaly and Dazza501, only 3 and 5 strokes back respectively. And there were others for whom one win or a high finish would have made the difference: Tgkomv, Adalanar, and pierolitfiba to name a few.

Remember, there are still captains' picks to be made, and one way to impress the captain is to continue to play, and perform well, in the weekly UEL 18-hole tourneys, and to look out for the probable UEL event that WGT may hold at Chambers after the VUSO.

And, with the certainty that alternates will be needed, ROW players that missed out should keep in touch with this thread and be ready for a call if needed!

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for your participation in the Spring 2015 UEL Tour and for battling away for Ryder Cup qualification. It has been an exciting process to follow.

Congratulations to all those who made automatic team selection, and commiserations to those that fell short.

Please look out for a separate thread with further tourney information in the summer, including a Time Availability signup form which will be posted in August. The UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay is scheduled to begin mid-late September. I'll give event dates as soon as I can.

In the meantime, best of luck to all of you in the VUSO!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:19 AM

Here, in one simplified list, are the automatic qualifiers for each team for the UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay in Sep/Oct 2015:

Team USA:

bhoese

akash1592

mmyers0

GolferDadRB

DaveDwingdale

Shankette

ColumbusStorm (US team captain)

frenchconnect

Wesdogg75

fredsf

Team USA Captain's Picks: to be announced in late summer

Team ROW:  (team captain to be announced)

fmagnets 

Corwyn

Saurabh08

KonradOse

Priestess

JoeMaverick

FairwayRuepel68

Legaci

johehejo

duffputt

Team ROW Captain's Picks: to be announced in late summer

---------------------

Congratulations to all our qualifiers, especially to the Ryder Cup debutant(e)s: for Team USA, askash1592, Shankette, and frenchconnect, and for Team ROW, Legaci and duffputt.

Please look out for the event thread in August. See you then!

• jaycen129
    193 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 2:42 PM

Congrats to all that qualified!!! Wish I had knew about the UL Ryder Cup a bit earlier as I may have had a better chance of qualifying, but all in all, it was still very enjoyable. Thanks to all that put this together and I will be keeping track as it progresses. Good luck to everyone and GO USA!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Jaycen

RSS