Help › Forums

CPU usage

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:49 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 1:04 AM

I had tremendously more in the beginning (with Firefox), up tp 77% on long putts with a lot of grid. My delicate CPU temp went to the top (85-90 C)!

Curious, I changed Flash Quality to "medium" and experienced a drop to 45% - still more than before but playable. I have not yet tried to change back - there's no significant loss in quality.

The meter has become smoother, sometimes silky smooth. At other occasions, it's stuttery but steady enough to play - not those unsolvable irregular stops.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 3:48 AM

Yes ... there's no memory usage increase, but CPU load has increased ... especially when on the putting green with the rolling ball animation. Causes my cooling fan to run high enough to hear it. Thank goodness I haven't had the extreme load bug I was getting that would lock my system up .... *fingers crossed* ...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 4:56 AM

6 or 7% for anything off the green.  14% average on the green with dots moving, but spiking much higher.  Drops back to 6% ish CPU load with putt stroke in action.

I have a v reasonable core i7 laptop (windows 7)....

Ok a bit of thought putting is OK here, but It was easier before.   

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:19 AM

alosso:

I had tremendously more in the beginning (with Firefox), up tp 77% on long putts with a lot of grid. My delicate CPU temp went to the top (85-90 C)!

Curious, I changed Flash Quality to "medium" and experienced a drop to 45% - still more than before but playable. I have not yet tried to change back - there's no significant loss in quality.

The meter has become smoother, sometimes silky smooth. At other occasions, it's stuttery but steady enough to play - not those unsolvable irregular stops.

Interesting.  I'll change to medium and see what happens.  Thanks. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:38 AM
    I always have my Flash on medium and reflections turned off.
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:49 AM

If u play Oakmont, St Andrews, Olympic and Royal St Georges where there is no water, then surely reflections on or off makes no difference. 

• PAGES
RSS