Help › Forums

CPU usage

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:49 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:10 AM

My meter runs perfectly when the Flash Players CPU's run between 10 and 30. Far too often the CPU's jump to over 50 and stays there for long periods of time and the game is ruined.  1st of all, what is causing this to happen?  Next, what can I do to bring the CPU's back down to normal?

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:29 AM

gerryniswonger:

My meter runs perfectly when the Flash Players CPU's run between 10 and 30. Far too often the CPU's jump to over 50 and stays there for long periods of time and the game is ruined.  1st of all, what is causing this to happen?  Next, what can I do to bring the CPU's back down to normal?

The first thing i would do is check what programs you have running in background of your computer...usually there is another program running causing the CPU to spike!!

After that,I would go to my startup programs and turn off any that are running that don't need to be!

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:55 AM

Jresh0817:

gerryniswonger:

After that,I would go to my startup programs and turn off any that are running that don't need to be!

Skype, your virus protection, etc... don't need to be running when you're playing the game. Also know that your CPU % will rise when you pull your meter back so hold it a few secs until you start to see your % go down.  Using Maxthon browser makes this easy to gauge because they have the cpu% in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. 

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:04 AM

Since the most recent "fix" my CPU % is waaay higher than it was previously when playing the game.  Prior to the fix cpu % was almost always below 12% when preparing to hit, now it is often bumping into the 30s even when nothing is happening on the screen.

And, personally speaking, my meter was working fine before the "fix".  Now I get periods when the stutter is unplayable.

• slashcam
    1,242 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:25 AM

This is getting much too complicated. Should I have to become a computer expert just to play some video game? Played just under 600 consecutive days, I have finally put that nonsense to an end.Played 2 holes after last "fix" and shut'er down. 3days, no play. No pain. My 'puter aint messed up. My internet aint messed up. Who does that leave?

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:29 AM

DaveDwingdale:

Since the most recent "fix" my CPU % is waaay higher than it was previously when playing the game.  Prior to the fix cpu % was almost always below 12% when preparing to hit, now it is often bumping into the 30s even when nothing is happening on the screen.

And, personally speaking, my meter was working fine before the "fix".  Now I get periods when the stutter is unplayable.

Thank you for posting this because mine has also been a tad higher.  It's not affected the meter but it's good to know that i'm not the only person seeing this.  No meter issues though.  

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:59 AM

I appreciate the responses.  I always clear my 'cache' and suspend all 'automatic updates' and close other sites prior to beginning to play.  So I need to know what to do when I'm in the game, playing a match or Tournament, and I need to bring down the CPU's right away.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:34 AM

Also, sometimes my Firefox browser is what causes the CPU spike and when this happens I found a way to "Refresh Firefox".  Takes care of it right away.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:57 AM

I don't know the answer to your problem Gerry but I had the same issue. I bought a computer with some designated ram and a really good graphics card and mine is always around 3 or less. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:30 AM

I'm seeing at least a 10% increase in CPU usage after the fix.

WGTadmin2:

With this release we changed the way the game is rendered in the flash player you should see frame rate improvements and less memory usage.  

• PAGES
RSS