Forums

Help › Forums

So now we know, if we didn't already

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:10 PM (105 replies)
  • golface7
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 5:16 PM

I agree last year I played everyday for for two years and very close to achieve a nice record of three years of consecutive play including this time around where I was up to 40 days of consecutive play and it appears that because of WGT updates again I have lost all of those days and have to start all over again. When I contacted WGT they offered their sympathy and a few rewards, however returning back to me all of that time was not an option. THAT REALLY SUCKS!! That within itself is a great ripoff. WGT YOU NEED TO RETURN MY THAT BACK AND ME WHOLE.  I took pride in achieving that goal and it also showed how much dedication and appreciation I have for your site. Do the right thing WGT.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 5:25 PM

golface7:

.... last year I played everyday for for two years ....

Who's a clever boy then.

• OverWaters
    309 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 5:31 PM

WGT

We are still having issues with the blue screen in Match Play. It has cost our country club at least two overtime games. Whereas, they had to start over. Thank you for fixing the meter issues. However, being a professional organization, your software & servers should be looked after and spoon fed at all times. Considering we are the consumer. Last time I checked, the customer is always right and it's your job to satisfy. You have no problem accepting our money for clubs, balls, etc. Just this past week I've lost at least three country club passes to benefit my club. Please look after your baby and keep it snuggly warm. 

~Cheers

PS was it & is it really necessary for the latest green speeds? I choose not to use them.

Seems to me, if you already have defects & bugs in your software...why add to the problem. Just sayin

• ez2putt
    210 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 5:39 PM

I don't know how you get the credits back I have had three ties in MP Challenges this weekend and no one has even sent me a message back. I am done with credit games till i get reimbursed for lost credits. How long does it actually take for someone to get back too you ? I have played credit games daily spent hard earned dollars daily and they cant even respond to me. I guess that shows me how many other players are going through the same dilemas. Well \i am done with them till i get some satisfaction. Give me my credits back and maybe a ball or two since i've played many rds with just lsoing my credits and using balls for no reason.

Ez2putt

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 6:12 PM

golface7:
    last year I played everyday for for two years

Well, it would seem you're 1 year ahead on CDP'd so WGT is just making up for it. Should be back to normal in about 11 months.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 6:31 PM

My meter was just dandy before the update, and it is now after the farcicle release brought about by not testing properly due to lack of allowed resources............

OK so before we had a meter that got faster towards the ding, and now we have a meter that gets faster twowards the ding..........................We also know that WGT have some input in that.  Well blow me over with a feather duster gently waived ! 

Now we lambast WGT for communicating when we want communication, and then we complain when they do not communicate.

Some of it is there end and some the users end, and it's about finding the right combo browser / flash that works.  What's changed apart from maybe it got a bit easier?

Now where they need to look is if all that works properly, and for me that part does.

Next they need to deal with those dots or communicate that they have changed or not, as case may be.  If they have changed communicate exactly how so, and help us adjust or is it just a stuff up;

Blie screens - rubbish WGT and where are in that journey ETA wise? Other issues exist too as we all know..

If WGT assign a different game to individuals that would be something, but in the age of twitch show me where.  Personally zero evidence IMO!

Lambastiing them for endeavouring to improve a product, and then communicating the bleedin' obvious anyway is hardly helping any cause.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:13 PM

YankeeJim:
    As I'm the one that used the word manipulation I'm assuming you're directing your comments  towards me.

Wow! Give that man a gold star. He can read his own writing. Just not the OP's. Yes it was you that mentioned manipulation. The OP did not in any fashion. You gave it that twist.

Your perception of the printed words, was incorrect.

I thought the kitchen references were a dead giveaway.

YankeeJim:
    Feel free to show me where I ever told anybody it was their computer.

Look below and have a spoonful of the words you continously put in print. You just made it easier for me by putting them right after your ridiculous challenge, instead of my having to pour over 17,082 posts of banner waving to find plenty of previous ones.

YankeeJim:
    WGT has been accused of manipulating games forever and their latest admission does nothing more than fuel those claims. My comment was to make it clear they can't, just as they said.

I'm FREE. Thank you.

Tell us how EXACTLY do you know they don't have certain capabilities? Are you in fact on their payroll, and know their inner workings first hand. Or is it, you're A BELIEVER.

For the most part you put out some good info without too many caustic remarks. Why not stay with that play book? Leave the PEE bashing to the malignant degenerates.

The PEE on the face thing just lowered yourself to their level. Man up. Try some respect, and the ability to accept a comment without malice.

You did not reference the 1st or the 15th.

Perhaps there isn't as much comprehension in here after all.

Roll out the band wagon.

Pee   -------------------------<*{{{{{{-(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 5:17 AM

ithurtswnipee:
    Wow! Give that man a gold star. He can read his own writing. Just not the OP's. Yes it was you that mentioned manipulation. The OP did not in any fashion. You gave it that twist.

There was no twist, pee on the face. It was a simple clarification of something that many tin foil types have claimed over the years, something you obviously didn't get. 

ithurtswnipee:
    Tell us how EXACTLY do you know they don't have certain capabilities? Are you in fact on their payroll, and know their inner workings first hand. Or is it, you're A BELIEVER

Yes, I am a believer. I  know this game inside and out and have thousands of rounds to back that up, not a few hundred over 1 1/2 years.

ithurtswnipee:
    For the most part you put out some good info without too many caustic remarks. Why not stay with that play book?

Because jerks like you don't know how to interpret clear statements and like to turn them into something they're not.  Witness my clarification that you turned into something it wasn't. It is painfully obvious you don't know the game and I find it laughable you even endeavor to go where you're going. I'm still waiting for the explanation of misdirection.

FWIW, I share MY personal experiences with this game and how to make it quite playable, operative word being experience. Go get some. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 5:45 AM

I just love it when people argue over this, so called real to life golf game, as they are shooting in the 20s and 50s. 

Anyone who thinks this game is not controlled by WGT, and not ball flight  physics is just kidding them self.

Its in their own statements " we took this away" now don't make go searching for what they took away.

I don't think anyone in here is a jerk, they just expect to get what they pay for, and when things start to act up well they feel they are not getting their  moneys  worth.

new Cleveland wedges  at double the cost of what the old ones were, that do the exact same thing as the old ones, then they  "took away " the old ones to where you don't even get a  choice.Your more or less forced to pay over $50.00 for three clubs.

Its a joke, I just come back here to read what you poor guys are going  through , and to tell you I  understand, and to tell you there is hope. You just have to open your eyes

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:02 AM

Woodoworkery:
    Anyone who thinks this game is not controlled by WGT, and not ball flight  physics is just kidding them self.

This is exactly what I referred to in my first post-the thought that WGT controls your game is ludicrous. They control the parameters but if you don't buy into the VEM thinking then I can see where you would think this. It's a different way to attempt to bring realism to a video game and does a halfway decent job of doing it. 

Regardless of the competition from other games, there's only one strictly browser golf game that you can play from anywhere, including mobile devices, and still get the feeling you're really on a true, RL golf course, not one made up in cartoon fashion. No downloads, no up front fee and proved to be able to play without spending a cent if you're so inclined.

To each his own.

RSS