Forums

Help › Forums

So now we know, if we didn't already

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:10 PM (105 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 9:17 AM

Select ;low flash quality and full screen , and u get a very big ding.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 9:24 AM

I disagree with 1 point in your statement..

I always hit a few pixels into the wind on almost every shot, but miss a few pixels late with the wind and the ball is way off target...I hit early to make sure I don't hit late and because I find it more accurate than even hitting the ding with a crosswind...

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 9:50 AM

fatdan:

I disagree with 1 point in your statement..

I always hit a few pixels into the wind on almost every shot, but miss a few pixels late with the wind and the ball is way off target...I hit early to make sure I don't hit late and because I find it more accurate than even hitting the ding with a crosswind...

Actually no you don't.

Let me make something a little easier to read.

Lets say, for instance, it is 5 pixels wide.  Hit anywhere on those 5 pixels and you hear the ding.  But the actual 100% ding is the 1 pixel in the middle.  Hit that and get true ball flight.  Hit 1 or 2 either side, where does the ball end up.  This just might explain a lot.  We all know miss early or late the ball will not take off online or be affected more by the wind.  Hit the line either before or after and get somewhat of a draw or fade.  But really, just how wide is the ding?????

We all know miss early or late the ball will not take off online or will(added) be affected more by the wind.

The early or late you are referring to is outside the ding line, as was I.  We all do it to compensate sometimes for the wind.  I will purposely sometimes miss into or with light winds, instead of moving the aim triangle.

The question was how wide actually is the ding, when we hear the ding, and what effect does it have on ball flight.

As Jim said, now we have Math involved effecting the programming on those suggested 5 pixels.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:26 AM

YankeeJim:
    The variable there is you and that ding. They don't have to build in variations because they take advantage of YOUR inconsistency in the swing.

Thank u , now you get the point. No one is programming the deviation of ball flight. It is what you hit, you miss the ding you get punished,its all your fault not some  preprogrammed  dev.

It just gets under my skin when somebody ,anybody gets over on someone,just to  benefit  them self. Balls going out of play,going in water, into brush, just to get  the lost ball message. OH WELL just dig deeper into your pocket and buy more.

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:32 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Select ;low flash quality and full screen , and u get a very big ding.

All that is happening there is you are making the actual line larger, you aren't changing how many pixels are under that line.  All you are changing is the size of the pixels that are currently being displayed, within the given area.

Same thing can be accomplished by changing your monitor resolution.  Run 1600/900 then change to 1024/768 or 800/600.  The line will be a different size.   I run 1440/900 on a widescreen, and play in high.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:36 AM

YankeeJim:
    I have followed every US Open, as most have, and see in them exactly what happens here.

The only thing that is true to the real US Open is the pictures of the course. The real pros shooting what these guys shoot here would be a true amazement, and would shock the world of golf.

Also there you know up front who is using aids and who is not, there is no guessing, theres no cheating.But we are talking about this game and how true to life you say it is.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:47 AM

PaulTon:
    You two would make a handsome couple and you could share rolls of tin-foil.

Oh take it easy Paulzy,,,we wouldn't do anything to hurt your secret love you have for yankme,,,

Every time someone quotes yankme you have to step in and prove the secret love you have for him by defending him. 

Listen Paulzy, its easier to write your secret love letters privately than to prove it publicly. Actually this may have already happened. ahhhhh, that explains it.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:52 AM

overtheedge:

PaulTon:
    You two would make a handsome couple and you could share rolls of tin-foil.

Oh take it easy Paulzy,,,we wouldn't do anything to hurt your secret love you have for yankme,,,

Every time someone quotes yankme you have to step in and prove the secret love you have for him by defending him. 

Listen Paulzy, its easier to write your secret love letters privately than to prove it publicly. Actually this may have already happened. ahhhhh, that explains it.

Taking the joke I cracked at your expense and trying to turn it on me only highlights your lack of wit.

Keep trying though, you're almost halfway there.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:53 AM

PaulTon:
    Keep trying though you're almost halfway there.

okay,,,, 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:55 AM

Paulzy,,,

RSS