So now we know, if we didn't already

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:10 PM (105 replies)
  • DUBWEISER
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:52 AM

andyson:

DUBWEISER:
    5) EXAMPLE: The LARGEST and 2 most popular online gaming companies in the world BOTH put out a secondary product that fell flat on it's face. NOT because the product didn't have what it took to be the best, rather they were content with what they put out for sale....sales were off the charts the first month, UNTIL the people spoke, they were ignored....then the people collectively stopped feeding the beast.

Where can we all read about these two games?  What are the names, surely its public knowledge?

Wargaming is the company. World of war planes is the game. Which is CURRENTLY under complete redesign,although you can still play it, the revised version is in progress. Heads rolled, Devs cried, the people will get what they asked for. Wargaming managed to get the simple  things right, but failed on the more difficult aspects of multiplayer immersion.  FYI: Wargaming is one of the largest and most profitable gaming companies in the world. This is the SAME company that produced World of Tanks and World of Warships.  

2nd game to listen to the people. World of Warcraft. I'm sure you've heard of this, the single most popular & largest online gaming community in the entire world.  They originally produced a great product, But since their original game hit the market, they released another  version that was so bad people STOPPED paying to play. The company caught on quickly and listened.

All the information is publicly available for your consumption. Although rather boring if you're not an IT kinda guy.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:46 AM

DUBWEISER:
    Wargaming is the company. World of war planes is the game. Which is CURRENTLY under complete redesign,although you can still play it, the revised version is in progress.

I've started playing Warthunder where I fly (crash) USAF planes, it's good fun and has cool graphics. I think there's a link to the download in here which pays a few hundred wgt credits.

Anyhoo, is this from the World of Warplanes guys or some other Co. ?

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:58 AM

YankeeJim:
    I have no respect for comments like

You have no respect PERIOD.  

You are absolutely classified a a computer tough guy. 85 to 90% of your gibberish is confrontational in one way or another. Your snide, pompous remarks would surly be tamed in the RW. You're a coward man. Just by the way you disrespect 1/2 the people in here from your computer screen hiding behind a monitor. You really are a coward man. 

• DUBWEISER
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:11 PM

PaulTon:

DUBWEISER:
    Wargaming is the company. World of war planes is the game. Which is CURRENTLY under complete redesign,although you can still play it, the revised version is in progress.

I've started playing Warthunder where I fly (crash) USAF planes, it's good fun and has cool graphics. I think there's a link to the download in here which pays a few hundred wgt credits.

Anyhoo, is this from the World of Warplanes guys or some other Co. ?

No. Warthunder is made by Gaijin Entertainment. This particular game is very unique in the manner in which they have crossbred 2 games into one, airplanes AND tanks, and it seems to work. In comparison to World of War Planes, Warthunder has set the bar much much higher. The most noticeable difference is the level of player immersion, it's fantastic. On the down side, Warthunders matchmaking is pure garbage,it lacks complete common sense. They're aware of this problem and have attempted to correct it, only they made it worse. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things as it can be corrected with little effort in comparison to the mess World of warplanes has on its hands, I've been told it MIGHT be necessary to implement an entirely new game engine, effectively taking the game out of the market for a considerable amount of time. Warthunder makes you FEEL as if you're actually flying the plane, as where in World of war planes, your game / success rate is dictated by your ping and has no sense of flying an airplane, more or less you're chasing a cursor around the screen. You will enjoy Warthunder.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:52 PM

overtheedge:

fatdan:
    17,000 posts is really nothing when places like this site become most of your social life because you have to sacrifice the social life you had to be good at the job you have at hand, take care of a loved one...not many people can do it even if they want to!

LOL!!! Boy! All ya need here to sum this statement up is a nice big set of lips and 2 rounds ass cheeks. 

LOL, Like him for example, he wouldn't last 2 weeks which would most likely be fine with his wife! LOL

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:10 PM

locking this due to fighting. 

-wgticon

RSS