Help › Forums

Grande Oaks Golf Club v. The Peoples Club

Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:20 PM (128 replies)
  • IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 12:54 PM

courteneyfish:
    Changer29 beat Archipelago.

Ewwww....  Looks like the typical slow start for us.  Thanks for the heads up, Ms. Fish.

Edit:  More to this match, i'm hearing.....

Changer was late for the match.... Arch had meter issues asked to restart, was told no... Changer claimed victory, unfriended Arch and left it at that?  

I'm also not ready to do anything with the two before mentioned matches until I see losses or wins posted in my club's forums.  Please don't post results in this thread unless you are the player involved in the match.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:58 PM

courteneyfish:
    Longballhitter completed the match today and won.

hey bud

[1:59:03 PM] Irish Punk: i'm told that the match was completed today.  is that the case?

[5:41:23 PM] roy cozart: no  we haven't played it again yet..i just got home but I see hes on

[5:48:54 PM] roy cozart: whoever told you that's smoking crack lol

Not a good look, Courtney.  Like I said before... I'll wait to hear from the players involved in the matches before updating the results.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 4:05 PM

3-0 TPC.  Thanks longballhitter for finishing the match tonight.  Very classy move.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 8:37 PM
    You have Archipelago's side of the story and I have Changer's. These things will always vary. Nobody can "claim victory" in a game, the game ended when one player decided to leave it . I've arranged loads of inter-club games and the result given by WGT has always counted. Let's keep this friendly.
  • IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 5:40 AM

courteneyfish:
    You have Archipelago's side of the story and I have Changer's. These things will always vary. Nobody can "claim victory" in a game, the game ended when one player decided to leave it . I've arranged loads of inter-club games and the result given by WGT has always counted. Let's keep this friendly.

You're 100% right.  Friendly and honest.  The hallmarks of golf.  

I do have the back of the guy who retired from the US Navy.  I don't think he would lie about Changer's behavior in their match.  Frankly, I'm appalled at what I heard. Ray asked to restart the match (at the point they were at, mind me. Not from the beginning) since his meter was so bad.  He was rebuffed.  Later in the match, he DQ'd and wasn't able to get back.  He then tried to reinvite changer, only to find that he had already been unfriended. Friendly? Really?   I won't be recording that match but will record the Cozart v. longballhitter match that was completed yesterday.  Even though (as you say) WGT's results showed it completed on the 21st. One can't always trust what the WGT result is.  It burnt you and led you to incorrectly report the result of the Cozart v. longballhitter match.  

Here's to hoping that there are a lot more LBH's in TPC.  That guy went out of his way to complete the match with Roy and I think that's outstanding.  Changer could learn a thing from that. 

PS:  feel free to record the match however you'd like on your end.  It might not matter at the end of the day anyway.  Good luck going forward and I truly hope things get easier.  I can't take much more of this. lol.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 6:13 AM
    This is why I don't use game threads on the main forum. All this could have been done in private via a PM. Of course you believe your player, I believe mine, it's human nature. Neither of us was there so we only know what we're told. Let's just get these games played.
  • IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 6:30 AM

courteneyfish:
    This is why I don't use game threads on the main forum. All this could have been done in private via a PM. Of course you believe your player, I believe mine, it's human nature. Neither of us was there so we only know what we're told. Let's just get these games played.

I've always used the Main Forum for these CvC Matches and "this" is the first time this has ever happened.  Odd.  I'd like to keep this thread limited to me updating the results and scores and we can keep the commentary to our club forums.  Have a good day.  

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 8:38 AM
    SoPostTaDoit beat Tmcal.
  • MontegoMag
    1,747 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:30 AM

IRISHPUNK:
    PS:  feel free to record the match however you'd like on your end.

January 22, 2015
    January 21, 2015

And...

January 22, 2015

These are the results of those matches in question. There is no other way to view the argument. WGT results are the bottom line.  Neither of you have the luxury of "believing" your players. The WGT results are conclusive...to any "honorable" players or country clubs....at the "end of the day".

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:06 AM

4-0 Peoples Club

RSS