Help › Forums

Level 68 Tour Master with a 63.9 average

Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:34 AM (31 replies)
  • trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 10:55 PM

Richard1969:
    So why are people like me so despised?

Very Simply... Tour Masters have access to the same equipment as Legends and more often than not posess the same if not better skills, but are granted a ridiculously unfair advantage from the Tee Box. This situation DEFINATELY gets utilized day in and day out by many of those who should be playing from the 'Back of the Bus' but purposely keep there average excactly where it needs to be so as to remain a Tour Master. It's very easy to spot such players and Im sure you know excactly what im talking about...

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 1:18 AM

trumpy959:

Richard1969:
    So why are people like me so despised?

Very Simply... Tour Masters have access to the same equipment as Legends and more often than not posess the same if not better skills, but are granted a ridiculously unfair advantage from the Tee Box. This situation DEFINATELY gets utilized day in and day out by many of those who should be playing from the 'Back of the Bus' but purposely keep there average excactly where it needs to be so as to remain a Tour Master. It's very easy to spot such players and Im sure you know excactly what im talking about...

Boo Fn hoo  cry me a river  lol,how do people purpously keep their levels down with the new system every good round it drops every bad round it dont go back up answer that?? Ready gos count to average stroke play games count 2 average only sand baggers out there would be ones who only play MPC games for credits u get a solution u still complain.

Admittedly  its not perfect  but its a  progression  but for you 2 slander tour masters get off your high horse,What do u want seriously? same  tee box better equipment years more of experience so u can win every wagered game thats out there? get real....

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 2:20 AM

Exactly as Aussieguy says above...the way it goes now, only rounds scored under your average are now counted. I too feel as if we TM's are despised, when for myself I play to the BEST of my ability every round. I don't sandbag, it goes against the grain utterly. Yes, I have rounds under 30...4, to be exact. I've had a few 30's, but generally play to my average only around St.A when playing a 9 hole round. I have only ever scored 2 or 3...thats right TWO or THREE rounds around 61/62 which is my average. Nothing like those who do it consistently every day or two.. I have a high level simply because I have played something like 46 days straight...do that math at 880pts a day.

My average has stalled because I stopped playing the front 9 at St.A as much as I was. Knowing that while I can play a good round, I am not in the league of those who are shooting mid 50's in qualifying for the LPGA Championship. I haven't heard too much whinging about that scoring, just quietly. And there is more than a fair share of Legends at the top of the RG leaderboards.

Yes, simply because I am going to score some low rounds I will eventually get bumped up and have to work it out all over again. But I would challenge any Legend who has sat at the top of the leaderboards since the new system was put in place to stick their whinges where it fits.  They still provide the majority of names in both monthly earnings and top places in the RG's. Any sympathy I had for them due to unfairness of what they were originally faced with under the changes has evaporated long ago. Maybe those of them who are providing the constant bitching will be happy when once again they get to divvy up the RG riches between themselves once again.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 4:36 AM

In the end it is what it is but how the hell is there a Level 83 Master with a 63 average.......Just shot a 29 in a Kiawah back 9 ready go but go topped by a 28 froma level 83 Master with a 63 average.  My average as a legend is 65.24.  There must be a better way to have players like this advance to higher tiers because they don't belong in the tier they are in.

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 5:37 AM

I do agree with ya there ironking....at that level, I'm not sure hiow that average and level means a Master...TM maybe, but not a master. Even as a Master I wasn't getting near thos escores. I think it comes back to matching quality  of equipment with tier attained, not level attained.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 5:45 AM

Should WGT just do away with tiers altogether, what's the sense at this point? Tiers seem like a stumbling block. Everyone should've known this is what the game was coming too with all the tiers (except Legend) playing with the same equipment.

I bet it's funny watching a Amateur or Hack drive their golf ball off the end of the fairway every drive with a Master driver from the red or white tees. Heh, I bet WGT is banking an Amateur will buy a multitude of drivers until they figure-out what their doing. I say more power to them. You'll see some Amateurs complaining about it in the forums soon enough. lol!

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 11:05 AM

aussieguyadam:
    only sand baggers out there would be ones who only play MPC games for credits

Bingo!!!  give the man a prize.... and in case you were wondering that segment represents a large part of the Tour Master population. Knowone wants special treatment as your suggesting  just a fair playing field. Tell me please how you justify Tour Masters using excactly the same equipment from a much closer tee position?  Why on earth would anyone have the desire to take on the challenge of the Legend tier when remaining a Tour Master is so much more profitable in MPC games especially.

No skin off my a@@ i could care less, and by the way i wasnt slandering anybody i was simply responding to Richards question " So why are people like me so despised?" .....in case you needed to know

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 2:14 PM

If the issue is with TM's having the EXACT same equipment and thus disadvantaging Legands, then why is it that there are so many Legends sitting around the tops of RG leaderboards.  Maybe the solution to your MPC gripes is as has been suggested elsewhere in these forums..only play people you have gotten to know, or other Legends. Then sandbaggers are a non event.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 2:59 PM
    You can never eliminate the true sandbaggers who want to cheat. Years ago the USGA put in a little chance to their handicap system to attempt to slow down the sandbaggers, basically only allowing you to post a score on any specific hole that was 2 strokes over par on that hole plus your handicap. For example if you had a 5 handicap and made a quad on the 4th handicap hole, you could only post a triple on it for handicap purposes. This became too much trouble and went away pretty soon. WGT has a similar problem. When someone of any level wants to hold their scoring average up, they just go in and max out every hole with a 10. Since the worse of the scores half of your scores are now thrown out it makes it a little more difficult for them but still not impossible. On top of that if you play 9 holes at 10 strokes per hole you get more tier points than I would if I shot 31 on those nine holes.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 3:15 PM

TarheelsRule:
    When someone of any level wants to hold their scoring average up, they just go in and max out every hole with a 10.

Not any more, TH. You shoot the average or better and it goes down. You shoot above it and it stays put. 

RSS