Help › Forums

Level 68 Tour Master with a 63.9 average

Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:34 AM (31 replies)
  • aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 4:34 PM

trumpy959:

aussieguyadam:
    only sand baggers out there would be ones who only play MPC games for credits

Bingo!!!  give the man a prize.... and in case you were wondering that segment represents a large part of the Tour Master population. Knowone wants special treatment as your suggesting  just a fair playing field. Tell me please how you justify Tour Masters using excactly the same equipment from a much closer tee position?  Why on earth would anyone have the desire to take on the challenge of the Legend tier when remaining a Tour Master is so much more profitable in MPC games especially.

No skin off my a@@ i could care less, and by the way i wasnt slandering anybody i was simply responding to Richards question " So why are people like me so despised?" .....in case you needed to know

Is only the older players with that equipment before the changes in lvl sytem,now it would take a player endless games and lots of time to even get a r9 driver 275 yrds simple solution for that scenario  check the player before hand or dont play them in MPCS.Do u think its any different for a tour master with a tri driver who is outdriven by a pro with a rapture  driver?? same deal slow clubs if they can play or is a multi account holder will put the approach with in 2 yrds of the hole almost every approach.My problem is hearing from some legends over and over saying all tour masters are sand baggers, i know some legends who can throw -7+ rounds consistently  even in MPC games who know the main thing comes down 2 shots made  and lack of errors regardless of tee position.Theres people who will sand bag in every tier,i just dont see the need to label a whole tier for where they are at in progression of this game...

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 4:46 PM

ironking34:

In the end it is what it is but how the hell is there a Level 83 Master with a 63 average.......Just shot a 29 in a Kiawah back 9 ready go but go topped by a 28 froma level 83 Master with a 63 average.  My average as a legend is 65.24.  There must be a better way to have players like this advance to higher tiers because they don't belong in the tier they are in.

That will only last so long ironking  before there bumped up tiers give it time each 28 29 like that will progress them more towards legend status..

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 4:46 PM

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:04 AM

double post....

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:12 AM

aussieguyadam:

aussieguyadam:
    only sand baggers out there would be ones who only play MPC games for credits

I've got everyone beat so far from what i've read...about a week ago i played a guy (i assume he's a guy based on his picture and avatar) who was a level 85 Tour Master...and yes he had gone out and purchased the Ghost and new R9 (280 yd) driver...his average was sub 65 at the time...I obviously got my ass handed to me in the match, and had to sink an 80 yd. approach to match his impending eagle just to stay alive on the sixth hole (if i recall i had made 3 birdies and 2 pars to his 4 birdies and 1 eagle up untill that point, then lost on 7 to another birdie)...i must admit i was not paying attention when i clicked the tee off button and never looked at his stats or ranking...but never again...now i check all the time...and i don't even play for credits (i can't) but i still don't want to give anyone who sandbags that bad (or good if you're a fellow sandbagger) the satisfaction of hustling another player...again

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:45 AM

There is no business incentive to move players quickly into the "Legend" tier. Reason,  in my opinion,--they will play less-generate less $...This is now more of business than a golf game.

There is a new paradigm in place since the big change in September. The result of this has been a loss of play among Legends and the increased incentive for lower tiered players to acquire level points. The longer a player stays below the Legend tier the faster they can acquire the same equipment Legends have. Combine that with the forward tees and the scores will get low. As soon as they move to Legend the fun of low scores ends for most players.

Simply put, noone wants to get to the Legend tier and shoot higher scores. WGT knows that and that is the reason we see super low scores and no tier movement.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 7:32 AM

Whilst I know I'm in the minority on this point, I personally have enjoyed the game far more since the changes have been made with the legends being put back. A good score is now a genuine achievement and something to be really pleased with whereas before (as you see with the TM's scores creeping ever downward), sub-30 / 60 rounds could be achieved with relative ease.

The changes have forced the top tier of players to improve their games to compete. As you can see with the current LPGA event, the best players will always come out on top and it shows if you persevere with the longer holes, your game will improve over time.

The CC I belong to has a few TM's who are sub-63 average (including one sub-62). The legends they face are still competitive in CC tournaments and ranked matchplay games; we grit our teeth and bear it knowing that they will eventually face the same course that we do. If they won every tournament, then I'd probably not be overly pleased but I don't see this situation anywhere near as negatively as others do.

WGT have to act commercially otherwise in the future, none of us will be able to enjoy this game as we do presently.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 12:13 PM

jimbean346:

WGT have to act commercially otherwise in the future, none of us will be able to enjoy this game as we do presently.

There is commercial acumen and then there is, erm...what WGT are doing.

To make money:

1) Remove all levels

2) Unlock the pro shop, so if a starter wants to buy a top of the range driver they can

3) Base performance on true averages based on last 10 COMPETITIVE rounds (ie where there is money on the game), including matchplay, and tier people based on those averages - More MPC will be played meaning more percentages retained by WGT

4) In money games everyone plays from the same tees

5) Introduce tiered and all-play Ready Go tournaments

6) Enable credits to be spent in the fan store

7) Stop with the gimmicks (drinks, kilts & halloween balls) and give people what they have asked for, Oakmont in RG's, ability to putt from the fringe, ability to swap clubs from iron sets (eg. remove 3 iron and replace with a hybrid)

8) Improve communication and general customer service.

That would enhance people's enjoyment, take away the root of many gripes, create additional revenue streams and do as much as humanly possible to cut sandbagging

That is all.

Good evening

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:53 PM

MJS74:

jimbean346:

There is commercial acumen and then there is, erm...what WGT are doing.

To make money:

2) Unlock the pro shop, so if a starter wants to buy a top of the range driver they can

That is all.

Good evening

I don't think they will ever do this.  I didn't get in before the big update.  So I had to advance to the level where I could buy the 275 yd driver.  If the pro shop had been unlocked I would have bought it at the beginning and WGT would have missed out on all the credits I spent for drivers on the way up the level.

• lcgc
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 8:49 PM

Hello, excuse my English ...
    I'm TM 61.3 level 71, get to legend not because I can not but hope to soon.
    Questions ... in the RG did not leave all the same tee? ... because if so i dont see what the problem, is most legends have the advantage of better ball than TM and others, beyond that we have access to the same equipment .
    As of this problem and decided not to play challenge and earn my credits in the RG until I become a legend.
    But the day that legend is not a challenge would play with a TM if I have to give benefits .... because they can not do the same?
    LCGC = Agustin

RSS