Forums

Help › Forums

Day 21.... Christmas 2014

Mon, Dec 22 2014 11:17 PM (121 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:08 PM

Dear Aussie Santa:

First, let me say, I do not wish anything for myself as I already received an awesome gift from yetisquatch Santa (a full set of T-Made (L39) and it has greatly improved my game already, although I am still getting used to the faster meter and will get some better balls after taking another 273 surveys LOL.

I have been playing with Zilmax, who I met online here on WGT. I am from the states (USA) and he is from S. Africa. We have played now for almost 10 months and I recently told him about the WGT Santa.

saw that he has written to you .... DAY 21 and I read his post..... I had no idea that he had his hip removed and spends 10months a year in the hospital.  My heart goes out to him.

For my wish, I wish that you grant Zilmax his wish for the driver he as requested.  Please read his reply to DAY 21.

HamdenPro

• GrumpyTom
    7 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:47 PM

Merry Christmas to all   I would love to see a new odyssey versa black putter sticking out of my stocking..

• pontiff76
    20 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:49 PM

Wow what a great concept,

I've just returned from a 2 year absence from the game, Love where it's going. However on my return I have been lifted a tier and can no longer compete would love something that could help knock the ball a little further down the track.

Cheers JP

• MCarey2
    22 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:59 PM

I would just like to say thank you all for the generosity on behalf of all the WGT players. I think it is totally awesome what you folks are doing and I only wish I had credits like that so I could participate. Regardless, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and everyone else.

This is a post of genuine thanks so I will go my beg for my new Level 92 Ghost putter on another post. Thanks again and happy holidays!!!!

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:59 PM

A bump from you antipode - well deserved!

• timborb
    1,241 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:05 PM

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It's off to work we go....

:-(    I still see putting is required to complete your game, never mind maybe next year Santa will have worked out how to circumvent the short green stuff!

Cheers, Tim

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:06 PM
  • 1aceinthehole4
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:19 PM

merry xmas to you sleev of balls pls

• George1997Jeep
    654 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:40 PM

Until you level up enough to get the Big Bertha set, from Hack to Pro you can get the Taylor made Driver @ 275 Yards R1 TP 9.0 and the matching wood 230 yards R11S 3.  The meter is a tad fast, about equal to the starter driver, however, they are very forgiving, and I think with some practice will improve your game until you level up enough to get the ultimate.  Remember, you can always sell the Taylor Made Clubs when you get what you feel is your best club.  I'm sure you know they are worth about 1/8 of what you originally paid for them, but the Taylor's are not that expensive, about $17.00 each. I was thinking earlier I can't wait to buy the farthest hitting club out there with the slowest meter, however, after seeing how forgiving the Taylor's are, and I've practiced and gotten good with them I doubt I'll ever sell them, even if I buy other clubs. My Irons are Max and I like them as well, but they are the cheap metal set, and I may at some point trade them in for graphite. While the irons are ok, the max wedge 56 L50 really gives me a lot of spin. I'm looking for a good Plop Wedge and a good sand wedge to replace the original starters if any body knows something to buy that is decent.  They are the only original clubs I have not replaced from one's in the pro shop.  Take care, and happy holidays to you.. Have fun golfing no matter what you have.  I've been beaten bad lol by people with the original starter set, so that proves accuracy is the best policy. However, soon they will be toast LOL....  Officer@Getterdun Country Club, George.. My e-mail if not here or on my profile is SteelyPaw@aol.com.....

• RollnHard
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:40 PM

Dear Santa (Aussie Aussie Aussie! Golf and Country Club)

All I want for Christmas is a NIKE Fi Impact Avatar Blue (Male), but I would be happy with any gift.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

RSS