Forums

Help › Forums

NIKE Covert 2.0 Driver (L100+)3,495 Credits

Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:22 PM (39 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 2:16 PM

Jimbog1964:

Admittedly my thought's are all based around using the L90 ball, but with FBS I can pull up v sharp on any dogleg with the R1, and this renders run out as a non issue .

I used to run right through the fairway with any tailwind on several holes w/ full b/s using R1 and Nike 61 ball...

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 3:09 PM

I agree with pretty much everything fatdan posted here.  I have both and will keep both.  I wasn't impressed with the Cally but already had the Nike.  The Nike gives you more control of your landing point and ultimately your final resting point.  Like he said, you really don't want to use it with full backspin unless you want it to land in the fairway like a wedge.

I still use the R1 on St Andys and sometimes other courses depending on wind conditions but use the Nike about 90% of the time.  I think that based on averages through a round the R1 is likely a little (3-4 yards) longer, but the added control is tough to live without when you get used to it.  The only hole I "hate" using the Nike on is Olympic #5.  It is damn near impossible to get it under that freaking tree where the R1 doesn't even know the tree is there.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 4:11 PM

Personally the introduction of something like  the 2015 Vapor Nike Flex (Tour type  one here I would think best assuming there is one, lol) would be doing it more for me.  Variable loft and spin might well fun enough to keep me amused anyway I would think.  

The option for varying forgiveness would also be appreciated by many although that would be possibly controversial out here in the wild west, maybe:)

Utilizing the FlexFlight system impacts launch angle, spin rate, forgiveness (increased in the “mid” setting) and workability (enhanced in the “low” setting).

May prefer mine in red and black but who really cares, lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 4:22 PM

That was a good answer, Dan. I get it. I've been using the 33 Callaway for so long it never dawned on my the longer Nike balls would make a much bigger difference, too. Duh.

LOL. Mine's the cheapo view.  ;-)

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 4:46 PM

Thanks for all the input guys,I'm used to the R1 and like the extra distance even if it's only a couple yards that can make a difference between using spin on an approach or knowing my irons like I do I let a lot of approaches run to the hole ( I use the Cally's level 35),my main thought was rather or not the Nike was longer in distance but from what  I'm  reading for the most  part  it is not,on the dog legs I will hit the R1 with about 90 to 95% power and rarely run through a fairway,,again thanks for all your input,unless Santa  surprises me with the Nike I'll stick with what I have,,,Merriest of Christmas's to you all........

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 5:33 PM

Spammage:

The only hole I "hate" using the Nike on is Olympic #5.  It is damn near impossible to get it under that freaking tree where the R1 doesn't even know the tree is there.

LOL, forgot about that hole...awhile back I automatically went to the 3wd on the tee out of habit, not having played the course in a long time and thought "what am I doing" and went back to the driver with a right to left wind...2 seconds later after hitting that limb I remembered why I pulled the 3wd...

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 7:46 PM

According to the schedule, NIKE equipment is coming by Spring. And Adams is joining the list.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:09 AM

Spammage:

The only hole I "hate" using the Nike on is Olympic #5.  It is damn near impossible to get it under that freaking tree where the R1 doesn't even know the tree is there.

Punch.

• kirkone888
    140 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 2:38 AM

Try and hit the flop line past ding and no spin it work for me

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 5:13 AM

New gear coming soon ??

wow my Christmas wish might just come true then.

Great news , it is so exciting it's almost erotic.

RSS