Forums

Help › Forums

NIKE Covert 2.0 Driver (L100+)3,495 Credits

Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:22 PM (39 replies)
  • bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 7:32 AM

dedBuNNy:

This thread is whacked simply because ALL the drivers here are a joke...

The R1 is hilarious - I mean you don't even have to watch what you're doing to use it, just fire away.

The only drivers on here that have any resemblance to a real driver are the R11 series with their low forgiveness. The driver should not be so easy to use the way it is here.... Makes the game soooooo much more unrealistic than it already is.

I understand where you are coming from here.  But, my RL story.  I always used a 3w and rarely if ever a driver because of the forgiveness.  The extra yards did me no good if I was ending up in tall grass.  Then I got a Titleist DCI set (long time ago) and I could hit my driver as well or better than my 3w.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 6:02 AM

dedBuNNy:

This thread is whacked simply because ALL the drivers here are a joke...

The R1 is hilarious - I mean you don't even have to watch what you're doing to use it, just fire away.

The only drivers on here that have any resemblance to a real driver are the R11 series with their low forgiveness. The driver should not be so easy to use the way it is here.... Makes the game soooooo much more unrealistic than it already is.

Agree completely.. Although in that case they'd have to remove the other unrealistic components as well like flops from fairways/fringes.....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 4:10 PM

razza31:
    the other unrealistic components as well like flops from fairways/fringes.....

What's so unrealistic about these? Use them IRL myself, it just depends on what you have to negotiate between you and the hole.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 5:52 AM

YankeeJim:

What's so unrealistic about these? Use them IRL myself, it just depends on what you have to negotiate between you and the hole.

Really? Flops w/o a fluffy lie? Odds of pulling them off are worse than hitting driver off the deck!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:51 AM

fatdan:

I would say that the R1 would give you 3 extra yrds on avg. drives on Straight holes...now for instance STA #10 was different, with a decent tailwind the Nike would be on the green and the R1 completely over the green with full backspin, but on average it was close...Now I always hit into the wind a tad on drives for more control but not enough to really matter.

The BIG difference for me is dogleg holes...you can cut them a lot closer with the nike and pick up 15-20 yrds on some, more importantly stay in the fairway on others like BPB #12 or Congo #12, any holes set up like those 2...Olympic is made for the Nike, you can kill it with b/s(Nike is sorta like the BB 245 3 wd w/ full b/s), let it roll out, or cut the corners closer and pick up big yardage...

R1 is great on RSG, and STA, but I like the Nike on Kiwiah...

I could switch from using the R1 to the Nike in the middle of a round and not change the way I play any course, where as If I changed from the Nike to R1 I would have to change a lot on several courses if you know what I mean...

I pretty much have same feelings bout the club. Some friends have sold it I think its a good one. #10 Merion is one place I like to have it. For the top player looking for the 1 stroke to win i'd say its a must on certain courses. I also have the TaylorMade R1 Super TP 8.0 White Driver (OBAN shaft) (L98+) My bud calls it the potato launcher. Spammage mentioned #5 olympic Ive cleared that tree with  full/back with covert..ball may matter too along where you tee off from..

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 11:19 AM

razza31:

YankeeJim:

Really? Flops w/o a fluffy lie? Odds of pulling them off are worse than hitting driver off the deck!

Flops will work off of any lie as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. I have even flopped off of hard pan. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:34 PM

razza31:

Since when does a flop require a fluffy lie? It's all about ball control and the flop is quite manageable from just about any lie within distance of the pin if you know how to use it.

A good example is the Par 5 14th at SA. Quite often you're sitting in front of the green 20 yds or so away with a big hump in your way. Any shot you hit that close is going to land on a down slope and run away. The flop doesn't.  :-)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:10 PM

YankeeJim:

razza31:

Since when does a flop require a fluffy lie? It's all about ball control and the flop is quite manageable from just about any lie within distance of the pin if you know how to use it.

A good example is the Par 5 14th at SA. Quite often you're sitting in front of the green 20 yds or so away with a big hump in your way. Any shot you hit that close is going to land on a down slope and run away. The flop doesn't.  :-)

Flop shot is the only shot I know to play...lol  (with-in reason)  Close to Pin in 40/50 lie full b/spin, 7 - 25ft.   On the Fringe where Jim said above slightly less than full b/spin, Flop shot is a very good option.

I don't try to hole it, if it happens it's great, but close enough for an easy bird.

-Roger

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:11 PM

borntobesting:

Flops will work off of any lie as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. I have even flopped off of hard pan. 

Are u Phil Mickelson in disguise?:)

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:22 PM

YankeeJim:

Sorry if I didnt word it correctly. :-}

Flops are in reality very low % shots. Even the pros on tour dont use it unless they really have to and dont have any other option.

While in WGT its the highest % shot.

My point to her was just like flops ,super drivers are not going to get deprecated,purely due to the player backclash.

Play it for what it is,a game and have fun.

RSS