Forums

Help › Forums

NIKE Covert 2.0 Driver (L100+)3,495 Credits

Sat, Dec 27 2014 9:22 PM (39 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 6:33 AM

This is such an interesting read for me. I will never understand the mis-directed devotion existing with the R1. While all of the 287yd "Zula's" (what I call drivers) are wonderful by nature, the R1 is not as good, in any way as the Bertha. Fact. The Covert I will buy upon reaching L100 and expect it to be "Top Banana". Except from a loyality attraction based upon making one "right" in the head & heart, neither the R1 driver or the R11 irons are worth consideration from a sensible mind. ~SP~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 8:55 AM

SweetiePie:
    the R1 is not as good, in any way as the Bertha. Fact

I challenge this simply because unless you're playing consistently from the tips you would have no real basis to say that. Every driver works from the shorter tees, that isn't saying anything.

The same thinking applies to the R11s-the high irons in that set that you need for the longer approaches playing  from the tips make them extremely effective, not to mention worthwhile until the Nikes are available. 

IMHO, that is.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 10:53 AM

Lily, remember that the R1, including the one available temporarily at L93, is a L98 driver while the BB is L96.  The higher level doesn't guarantee that the R1 is better, that's entirely up to individual preference; however, it does indicate it's certainly no worse and that it may in fact have a higher level of features than the BB.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:37 AM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:
    the R1 is not as good, in any way as the Bertha. Fact

I challenge this simply because unless you're playing consistently from the tips you would have no real basis to say that. Every driver works from the shorter tees, that isn't saying anything.

The same thinking applies to the R11s-the high irons in that set that you need for the longer approaches playing  from the tips make them extremely effective, not to mention worthwhile until the Nikes are available. 

IMHO, that is.

So true, while I've only got about 3+ years from the tippy tips, I don't qualify for your example. So, it is saying much, darling. ;-}

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:15 PM

SweetiePie:
    I don't qualify for your example.

Actually, now that I think of it, you're probably better qualified than me. Your average as a TL is 10 strokes better than mine!. Sheesh, what do I know?

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:49 PM

Hi folks,

Interesting post,But the way I understand the driver advantage is the Bertha and Nike are better in tailwind and up hills but from what I have  seen the med trajectory R1 has less  side wind affect and goes farther in headwind and on some fairway conditions so put in your bag what is best for each course and wind conditions.

Just my take but i am newbie legend hack lol ; ]

I just wish i could afford to have more than one he he he.

SG88

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:51 PM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:
    I don't qualify for your example.

Actually, now that I think of it, you're probably better qualified than me. Your average as a TL is 10 strokes better than mine!. Sheesh, what do I know?

So you will know, let me say this : My average is a product of several things;(1) A new vacant average that started upon reaching TL (2) My ownership of a long naseant CC that reached the level 3 priviledge of setting tees, greens & wind...not my idea, but nevertheless new and fun to play. (3) My understanding of my new vacant average and its value. Like everybody that plays here from day one, I also try to lower my scores. It is the foundation of this game. I also realize that once I again begin to play at normal TL set-up, my current little focus on average will be lost forever never to return...thus a 51.67 average for now. So, indulge me, I beg you. To me it truly nothing more than playing a type of CTTH game, and I'm curious to see how low it will go. But time for it is short...come the New Year ~ SP ~ 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 6:07 AM

mkg335:

Lily, remember that the R1, including the one available temporarily at L93, is a L98 driver while the BB is L96.  The higher level doesn't guarantee that the R1 is better, that's entirely up to individual preference; however, it does indicate it's certainly no worse and that it may in fact have a higher level of features than the BB.

I've never bothered with level either.  The top Max irons are 4 levels higher than the top R11s, and you'd be hard pressed to find too many people who would use the blacks over the R11, unless they have the reflexes of a hibernating bear.

My understanding is that the longer run gives the R1 a bit more distance, which could help on the British courses.  I'm content with my Bertha, because an extra 3-5 yards doesn't matter to me too much.  My worry is staying on fairway, and it seems like Bertha has a much higher percentage to stick in places where I need it to, like Merion and Olympic.

Covert seems to be the "best of both worlds" to an extent.  I hope to find out one distant day.

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 1:32 AM

For those lookin fer great driver at "level 85  the Nike driver" with 4dot distance Nike ball is real close on distance with the  taylor R1 lev 98 driver.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 7:13 AM

This thread is whacked simply because ALL the drivers here are a joke...

The R1 is hilarious - I mean you don't even have to watch what you're doing to use it, just fire away.

The only drivers on here that have any resemblance to a real driver are the R11 series with their low forgiveness. The driver should not be so easy to use the way it is here.... Makes the game soooooo much more unrealistic than it already is.

RSS