Forums

Help › Forums

championship round...BPB

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:21 PM (70 replies)
  • leftygolfpro
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:18 PM

I first want to mention that WGT is the most realistic golf sim I have ever played. I have been playing video games for the better part of 20 years and nothing has come close to WGT. I was lucky enough to qualify for the final round, but stumbled in with a 76. The first "virtual USOPEN" was fantastic and I can't wait for the next "Major". My only suggestion would be to have a qualifier to get into the event and then have a four round event with another cut. Congrats to who ever wins the first ever virtual US Open.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 4:38 PM

oh well...as i predicted... a bogie fest 75...bd drivin bad iron shots and bad bad putting was the cause! well done ppls, see you in the masters or maybe the british open...ha

well done nasa( by the looks of things)...back to practicing!!!:)

• Ace3000
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 5:35 PM

I believe the next major in WGT may be the PGA Championship at Hazeltine or more likely The Masters

at Augusta National

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 7:02 PM

Why arent there any credits for the top finishers in the Virtual Open.  We came up just short of the grand prize, why not have a little love??

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:47 PM

Hi mwb, everyone who played in the championship will get a 1-yr membership to USGA. We will let everyone know when they start contacting people about the prize.

• bart6961
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 10:50 PM

I thought I was going to give NASA a run for it with -4 after the first 6 holes but the presure got to me :)

I guess I should be pretty happy with a 68, but kinda hard to be happy about a 1 year membership to the USGA when I was so close to going to the Open next year :)  Regardless, it was great fun.  Thanks to WGT for such a great event.

Congrats to NASA!  That is one heck of a score to post in a tournament that was this tough.  Enjoy your trip next year.

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 3:55 AM

Everyone who played in the championship will get a 1-yr membership to USGA. We will let everyone ing people about the prize.

Alex,  I am already a member of the USGA.  Will I be able to use this prize for my next years membership?

Keith35

• oghackdaddy
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 5:14 AM

Great tournament. I was only able to post 73 in the final but my best qual. score was only a 68 so my expectations were not high.

A great time though. Look forward to the next major.

Thanks WGT

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 6:27 AM

Nice scores bart6961 & nivlac....too bad about #15 nivlac, I usually bogey or worse on that one & couldn't believe I parred it!  I guess it made up for the birdies I missed. So what we have 210 scores posted out of 256? Am I reading that right? At least most of us got in to play in time.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 6:45 AM

How come it's still up?  It is over, isn't it?  Is it time for official congrats to NASA and stuff yet?

RSS