Forums

Help › Forums

LPGA Tournament and a question.....

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:50 AM (40 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:46 PM

Well it is not just the legends that have those clubs. Most of the masters and tour masters who were masters before they locked the clubs after the update that put in the level system. I have the sane Super-Tri Driver that Lee uses and could have had the 15I-15 irons he uses fi I had liked them but they just weren't for me. I also have the same wedges many of the legends use and the Master Redwood putter that many of them use. I just don't use them as well as they do.I just make to many so-so shotsand make some pretty stupid decisions and miss too many easy putts. But one thing that has really helped me become a better player is 2 posts one by Bollie and one by Lee about using the punch shot to fill in the gaps of your wedges and varying the amount of backspin and top spin you use on your shots.My biggest problem now is not being able to read the greens was well as I would like to. Which is weird because in real life I am an excellent reader of greens and pretty good putter.

And All open tourneys that don't aren't divided into tiers are played for the same tees. I played in the 2 virtual open qualifiers this past summer with what was at the time pro clubs. No where near enough distance to score well enough to qualify. But that didn't stop me from trying and having fun even when I played awful. I still suck at times. But for the most part I have fun trying. I played the LPGA tourney 3 times so far. shooting a -2 70, a +5 77 which had to be the most frustrating round of golg I have even had on here. I was -5 after 11 holes and made a triple bogie 2 doubles and 3 bogies and only 1 par in the last 7 holes. Early this morning I played what was my best round at KIA so far a -7 65 missing the cut line of the low 100 players by 2 strokes. I'm not sure I could have or will ever be able to play a better round. But hey if I had eliminated my 2 bogies on the front side I would have shot a -9 63 which at the time was the cut line. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:55 PM

borntobesting:
    My biggest problem now is not being able to read the greens was well as I would like to.

I agree Sting. All to many times the camera angle doesn't line-up with the putt making it difficult to read the greens properly resulting in a lip-out, or burning the edge of the hole. And the camera angle always seems to be off-line at the most inopportune times.  : )

• roto121
    365 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:16 PM

whats the problem here legends are legends because they have played the best gotten to there level because of this . this is a game to play not stay static and be happy. i cant wait to improve to that level . give em a break these guys have payed there dues. step up or step out.

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:29 PM

Shoot you mean the Legends players have a chance in a tournament that includes Tour Master....oh my cry me a river and go play in a ready go.  To those T.M. that are truly striving to improve your game I apologize for grouping you in with your peers who enjoy all the advantages of being several hundred yards in front of the Legend players who have truly given the time and effort into becoming very good players on here.  Best of luck to all

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:10 PM

DougBieker:

Shoot you mean the Legends players have a chance in a tournament that includes Tour Master....oh my cry me a river and go play in a ready go.  To those T.M. that are truly striving to improve your game I apologize for grouping you in with your peers who enjoy all the advantages of being several hundred yards in front of the Legend players who have truly given the time and effort into becoming very good players on here.  Best of luck to all

I second that.....There should be no complaint from TM's as most of them are using the same equipment as Legends and still get an advantage off the Tee's.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:30 PM

ironking34:

DougBieker:

I second that.....There should be no complaint from TM's as most of them are using the same equipment as Legends and still get an advantage off the Tee's.

And masters as well and maybe even some pros who have leveled up enough to get the better clubs.

• MjS83
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:42 AM

the games riged and that ant no ball sh#T THE BETTER U ARE THE HARDER IT GETS so wy spend money biying new gear it a if rip

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 11:38 AM

should be great to have everyone from the same tees. no complaints anywhere for this one.. may the best man win!!!!

quick question as well, I have the old tri master and the old i15s(befor the updates I had these clube) and was told the 2010 clubs are abit better than the old ones even tho they have the same stats? wasn't sure on this and it seems like it wouldn't be true, but figured i would ask

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 12:43 PM

sayo:

should be great to have everyone from the same tees. no complaints anywhere for this one.. may the best man win!!!!

quick question as well, I have the old tri master and the old i15s(befor the updates I had these clube) and was told the 2010 clubs are abit better than the old ones even tho they have the same stats? wasn't sure on this and it seems like it wouldn't be true, but figured i would ask

In a post shortly after the change Sky said that the newer clubs even though they showed the same attributes had a slightly tweeked meter making them easier to hit.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:57 PM

It looks like the only thing really new in the Pro Shop, in top level drivers, is the R9 TP 8.5 (L80+).  All other top level drivers, according to the description info, are the equivalents of their old Pro/Master counterparts.  I don't see anything that would make me want to switch my current R9 Master Driver for the new TP...the characteristics are the same and it only goes 5 yards farther at the sacrifice of a faster meter.  If I am missing something, let me know.    

Joey

RSS